Crossroads Farm is a cooperative, outsourced, rural youth ministry. In regions where many churches have 50 or fewer attendees, Crossroads partners with the local churches to love the rural teen, providing outreach and ministry training opportunities while coming alongside them for more effective growth. Working at Crossroads is more than working with one church or one neighborhood, it’s reaching entire counties. We are looking for highly motivated and skilled youth workers passionate about bringing the Gospel to students in rural America and ready to invest long term.
As the Program Associate, you are responsible for assisting the Administrative and Ministry Directors with their daily tasks including day-to-day operations and the creation and implementation of strategic plans. Your role covers a variety of relationships as well as logistics and communications.
· Work with the program staff to plan and carry out weekly program, quarterly outreaches, summer trips, and retreats
· Create exciting and creative program pieces and environments to engage students in the Gospel including games, skits, worship, small groups, and messages
· Build and maintain relationships with students, volunteers, and parents
· Meet with volunteers and student leaders one-on-one
· Hold accountability for new believer follow-up and student discipleship
· Maintain student databases
· Communicate electronically with Leadteam and RCI churches weekly
· Organize and track care cells (small groups)
· Prioritize a student relationship focus
“As a prisoner for the Lord, then, I urge you to live a life worthy of the calling you have received.” Ephesians 4:1
· Must be a person of integrity, given to the pursuit of a personal relationship with God through Christ. They must be committed to the Word of God as the source of spiritual wisdom and continual prayer
· If married, the Program Administrative Associate must place a strong priority on the sanctity of the marriage. He or she (if with children) must be committed to providing a godly home for his or her children. He or she should be committed to regular attendance and involvement in a local church
· Should be faithful, available, respectful and teachable
· Should be in agreement to the doctrinal statement of Crossroads Farm
· Represents Jesus Christ and Crossroads Farm at all times
· Should be willing to come alongside other Crossroads Farm personnel in areas of need as a member of the CRF team, even if those duties fall outside their job description
· Must have at least an associate degree or equivalent experience
· Must be organized or able to work with those who are handling details
· Must be relational and desirous of mentoring young persons in their pursuit of Jesus
· Must have good communication, problem solving, management, and people skills
· Should possess or be able to work with creativity, direction and clarity when developing and assisting ministry programs
The Crossroads Farm National Headquarters is in Reading, Michigan. Alternative locations for positions are available. Go to crossroadsfarm.org/opportunities/ to see current available locations.
All staff at Crossroads Farm raise support to serve as missionaries to rural America. Support goals are set based on experience, geographical multipliers, number of family members, and health benefits. Final salary packages will be determined by the HR department and presented to applicants.
· Health Insurance - An employee may raise additional support to cover health insurance premiums. The extent of individual or family health care is determined by each employee
· Retirement Account - An employee may raise additional support for pre-taxed retirement contribution of up to 5% of one’s gross income
· Ministry Expense Account - An employee may raise additional support for job related expenses including but not limited to books, sporting events with students, meals with students, computer, gas/mileage reimbursements, training, conferences, communication with ministry partners, ministry travel expenses, etc.
· Dependents – Employees are allowed to raise an additional stipend pending family size
· Vacation – Each Crossroads Farm employee is allotted a set number of vacation, itineration, and sick days
Grace Ann Arbor West
Lead Pastor | Covenant Church of Cheboygan
Associate Pastor of Youth and Connection | Trinity Church
Children's Pastor/Director | The River Church
Fellowship Evangelical Presbyterian church
Philadelphia Baptist Church
The Episcopal Church of St. Peter & St. Paul
First Baptist Church Pine Castle
Living Hope Community Church