Full-Time Job Opportunity at Journey Life Church in Holt MI! We’re looking for a Student Pastor. We are passionate about teaching the Bible, worshipping, the Next Generation, and making the supernatural normal! Every time people come to Journey Life Church we want them to experience God, understand the Bible, and have healthy relationships.
The main responsibilities for the Student Pastor oversee the spiritual growth and development of students through weekly ministries, worship environments, relevant Biblical teaching, and events that connect with and develop students. The Student Pastor will develop volunteer leaders and will pour into parents and families as well. Attached is a Job Description.
To help students at Journey Life Church experience God, understand the Bible and have healthy relationships. Journey Life Church exists to bring people one step closer to Christ by Loving God, Loving People and Loving Life. We will make the supernatural normal in our world.
The Student Pastor will oversee the spiritual growth and development of students through weekly ministries, worship environments, relevant Biblical teaching, and events that connect with and develop students. The Student Pastor will develop volunteer leaders and will pour into parents and families as well.
Reports To: Family Ministries Discipleship Pastor
Responsible for upholding Biblical priorities and core values of Journey Life Church, the Student Pastor should represent a growing personal relationship with Christ, modeling a strong relationship with his or her spouse (if married) and children (if applicable). The Student Pastor strives to fulfill his or her purpose in life and ministry while demonstrating integrity in words, relationships and actions. These objectives are accomplished by:
· Pray and read the Bible daily
· Attend Gatherings with family
· Setting appropriate boundaries with time and relationships to protect character and integrity.
· Developing personal evangelism opportunities within and outside the church.
· Supporting the ministries of Journey Life Church by faithfully giving at least 10% of gross income.
· Attending or leading a Life Group at Journey Life Church.
· Adhering to and encompassing the qualities and characteristics required of Journey Life Church employees.
Leadership Growth Expectations
· Develop at least 3 relationships with successful Student Pastors for growth and creativity
· Participate in team training opportunities & conferences as offered or requested by yourself.
· Connect with one church 300-500 in attendance, similar to JLC and growing. Visit, ask questions of Youth Pastor and report findings to improve JLC.
· Equip & Empower Dream Team & interns to engage students with the truth & grace of Jesus Christ & helping them take one step closer.
· Serve as a spiritual leader & role model & be responsible to develop & implement a comprehensive approach to Student Ministry focusing in on the 5 core values of JLC.
· Create & implement a comprehensive strategic plan for Realife: Junior High & High School. Including but not limited to:
o Preaching, both live and via video
o Develop & execute Life Groups, organizing small group materials weekly
o Transitional ministry to Middle Schoolers: FUSED
o Maintaining an online presence and strategy
o Creating & exectuing events and activities that promote JLC’s core values
· Develop and execute intership and discipleship programs for youth
· Identify, develop & monitor spiritual growth & spiritual gifts in students
· Train up Student leaders in Realife connecting them back to the church body.
· Create & model a culture where leaders are available to youth in a variety of ways (i.e. lunch at school, attendance at extracurricular activities, visitation, times of crisis, etc.)
· Foster communication with parents through meetings, mailings & electronic communication.
· Provide pastoral care for students & their parents in coordination with other staff as needed
· Connect with the community by developing relationships with schools, teachers, & students to serve our city, proclaim the gospel, & bring students one step closer to Christ.
· Plan & execute events in collaboration with district events & other network churches (i.e. Fine Arts, Youth Convention, Retreats, camps.)
· Work with the gifts & talents of other staff members & maintain a teamwork mindset.
· Participate in teaching team meetings, teach & host gatherings as part of team
· Participate in weekly staff meetings
· Contribute to all church efforts and events as much as possible
· Add prayerful, creative input at Teaching Team meetings.
· Pray, prepare, teach & host gatherings as scheduled by Lead Pastor.
· Participate in weekly staff meeting.
· Ministering communion, baptisms, weddings and funerals when appropriate.
Mason Campus Faciltities
· Organize and Coordinate church activities at campus
· Maintain rental schedule and facilitate rentals as needed
· Coordinate with Facilities Director to maintain a clean and productive space.
· Performance will be measured based on three criteria.
o Ability to create an environment where Realife and its dream team know the vision and feel inspired to take steps closer in their talent & relationship with God.
o Effectiveness in supporting the vision of empowering the next generation.
o Ability to work with others to produce an unforgettable experience for students in Holt.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not considered and exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.
Basically what ever the team needs help with or the Lead Pastor wants.
Grace Ann Arbor West
Lead Pastor | Covenant Church of Cheboygan
Associate Pastor of Youth and Connection | Trinity Church
Children's Pastor/Director | The River Church
Fellowship Evangelical Presbyterian church
Real Life Church
Philadelphia Baptist Church
The Episcopal Church of St. Peter & St. Paul