Doxa Church exists to make disciples of Jesus in the everyday stuff of life. Doxa was birthed in 2015 as a result of two churches coming together to strengthen each other. The first seven years together were focused on resetting culture and retooling ministry methods. The church is now poised for their next chapter under new leadership, with a new building in a new location, and a fresh start.
The Doxa family comes from all walks of life; young adults, young families, young professionals, and a fair amount of established folks between the ages of forty to sixty-five. Presently, there are 30 missional communities, 90+ DNA groups, 9 elders, and 9 staff members. The church is known for transformative Sunday gatherings, emotionally healthy leadership, and an emphasis on discipleship where you live, work, learn, and play. Doxa is now looking for a new Lead Pastor to teach, lead, and send spiritually-formed disciples to a mostly suburban, white-collar, highly educated, and racially diverse community in desperate need of the gospel of Jesus Christ.
Seattle’s greater Eastside is home to economic giants like Amazon, Microsoft, Google, Salesforce, T-Mobile, Starbucks, Eddie Bauer, and thousands of thriving start-ups that have created an international hub of economic success. The church is in an area experiencing explosive growth from e-commerce, tech, and gaming industries. Doxa currently meets in the financial and economic hub of Bellevue, but will soon be moving to the technology hub of Redmond, home of Microsoft headquarters.
The Eastside is more conservative than its sister across the water, Seattle, but still leans liberal and is predominately unchurched and de-churched with strong Islamic and Hindu communities. Family, wealth, and recreation are the highest priorities in the culture, with the majority of Eastside residents presenting healthy, wealthy, affluent lives as young families with overextended calendars. From the concentration of global and innovating technology employers to the vast and varied ethnic groups represented in the region, Doxa’s impact in the community has the potential to influence some of the highest upstream culture creation in the world.
Doxa’s ideal candidate for Lead Pastor will:
● Exhibit strengths in the areas of teaching, leadership, and missiology
● Lead in preaching and communication for the church as a whole
● Be able to faithfully and effectively communicate in a diverse, post-Christian culture
● Give leadership to the staff team and serve as an elder on the elder board
● Be responsible for contextualizing Doxa’s mission and vision into everyday discipleship to be applied across all ministries of the church.
Has an intimate, abiding relationship with Jesus Christ and meets the biblical qualifications for an elder presented in Titus 1 and 1 Timothy 3.
● Aligns with Doxa’s five distinctives: gospel centrality, reformed soteriology, spirit-filled living, complementarian view of men and women, and being a missional local church.
● Is a dynamic and compelling communicator of God’s Word, Doxa’s mission, and vision
● Demonstrated sustained personal self-awareness and emotional health in a previous leadership role(s) and actively works toward ongoing growth in this area (as well as their spouse if married).
Living Grace Ministries
Lake Tapps Christian Church
Lake Forest Park Presbyterian Church
Ellensburg Presbyterian Church, ECO
Journey Evangelical Church
First Baptist Church
Mountain Park Church
Lead Pastor | Covenant Church of Cheboygan