The IT Systems Administrator is responsible managing and maintaining a stable yet flexible IT environment; including PC’s, Macs, Laptops, iPads, Printers, Servers, WIFI, Phone System and a variety of IP Audio /Video systems while supporting and empowering the staff to serve ministry areas well. Maintain the integrity and security of data Introduce relevant new options while being financially responsible.
- Oversee day-to-day administration, maintenance and security of all network systems.
- Manage the integrity and security of data, services, servers and devices.
- Manage both internal systems and cloud based services.
- Research, specify and purchase both new and replacement equipment.
- Collaborate with Operations Director and contracted outside consultants to assist staff teams in technology related decisions.
- Supervise the Help Desk attendant and participate in responses to Help Desk requests to insure they are handled accurately and in a timely fashion.
- Maintain and verify the regular backup of data on the network and in cloud.
- Plan and implement a IT disaster recovery plan.
- Coordinate software projects by guiding the testing process, recommending solutions and offering alternatives.
- Responsible for maintaining an accurate inventory of all IT related systems and equipment.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Has a personal relationship with Christ and committed to being part of the Connection Pointe Family.
- Proven technical competency across multiple technology platforms including Active Directory, Switches, Wireless, DHCP, DNS, Office 365 and SharePoint.
- Exhibits a high degree of confidentiality.
- Works well as part of a team and individually.
- Strong interpersonal skills, collaborative workstyle and customer service attitude.
- Strong attention to detail and able to focus on more than one project at a time.
- Experience leading others in the workplace.
- Demonstrated ability to trouble shoot problems.
- Familiar or experience with Office 365 Administration and managing Group Policy.
- Able to lift 50 pounds and provide after hours / weekend support as necessary.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- MCSA or equivalent Certification required
- 3-5 years prior experience as Jr Systems Admin or Desktop support.
- Previous supervision experience a plus
- Experience and competence in the following areas:
Virtual Server Environment; Business Class Phone system ; Setup/Programing of Layer 2 & 3 Switches Multiple VLAN Environment; Windows 10, Mac OS, Windows Server, iOS, Android, DHCP, DNS, Office 365, Share Point, Help Desk Ticket Management System; Backup and Disaster Management Planning