A New Beginning Church
Facebook: A New Beginning Church
Weekly Attendance: 700 (Pre-covid). 300 to 375 presently.
Neighborhood: Located in Ludowici, Long County Georgia, with attendees from Liberty, McIntosh, Wayne, Tattnall and other surrounding counties.
The role: This position is to be of service within a vibrant congregation to cast and carry out the vision and mission of the Youth Ministry for the ages of 12 – 18, within A New Beginning Church through teaching and Christ led leadership.
Meet A New Beginning Church: A New Beginning Church’s first service was on July 4, 2010, as the result of the vision and perseverance of 22 people. Today, we are the largest church in Long County, Georgia with an average attendance of 700 (pre-covid) souls each week. The primary focus of our church is to be that beacon of light to those that are hurting and in need in our local communities. One of the greatest compliments we receive on a regular basis is how welcoming our church is to our guests, regardless of the color of your skin or what you are wearing.
Children’s ministry was a priority for Jesus and we have made children’s ministry and teen ministry at A New Beginning Church a top priority as well. These are ministries during a child’s most critical and formative years. We believe that we must invest our time and resources where we will see the biggest harvest, and we have found that within our children and teen ministries.
The Youth Pastor will:
· Be a visionary leader who casts, carries out, and communicates the vision and mission for a strong and thriving youth ministry through teaching and Christ led leadership.
· Lead, encourage and ensure that staff and volunteers present scripturally accurate teaching, with a primary focus on each child’s personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
· Research and evaluate curriculum and lessons on a regular basis to ensure materials presented adhere to the beliefs and vision of A New Beginning Church.
· Integrate the youth ministry into the overall mission and vision of the church.
· Recruit, train and oversee Youth Ministry staff and volunteers to advance the welcoming atmosphere and culture of service at A New Beginning Church.
· Cultivate and empower next level and future leaders of A New Beginning Church through personal relationship building of the entire youth ministry team.
· Ensure initial and continued training and discipleship of the youth ministry staff and volunteers.
· Advocate family discipleship with A New Beginning Church’s youth ministry.
· Focus on the assistance of parents in the discipleship of their children.
· Ensure the youth ministry, together with family discipleship, maintains an environment that nurtures a child’s heart, mind and soul with passion for God.
· Ensure the database, security, and check in processes are enhancing the overall ministry goals and experience.
· Develop and maintain creative and safe youth ministry spaces and environments.
· Establish and monitor annual budget for the youth ministry.
· Perform all other related duties as assigned by the Lead Pastor.
What you bring: The ideal candidate for this position will have a bachelor’s degree in a related field and experience commensurate with the position requirements. The candidate must have substantial knowledge and understanding in Biblical interpretation, youth development, and religious educational theory and practice.
Personal Characteristics: The candidate needs to have a personal, active, and growing relationship with God, who is actively pursuing his or her call to youth ministry. Furthermore, the candidate will exhibit a lifestyle that is consistent with the Word of God and vision of A New Beginning Church. Physical capability to sustain rigorous activity in line with overseeing the youth ministry is required. The candidate must also have an outgoing and energetic personality. The candidate should also ensure responsibility and accountability over church resources, as well as be able to maintain confidentiality where appropriate.
Salary: $30,000 to $40,000 D.O.E.
What it’s like in/near Ludowici, Georgia:
Long County, designated in 1920 from lands in Liberty County, honors Dr. Crawford W. Long who introduced anesthesia for surgery. Ludowici is named for a German tile manufacturer who settled there and made red clay roofing tiles that became popular through South Georgia. Long County is situated in close proximity to Fort Stewart, Georgia, the largest military base east of the Mississippi River. It’s location affords the area to become a melting pot to people of very diverse backgrounds and cultures. Long County and its surrounding areas are notorious for their outdoor recreational activities and nature and wildlife preservation areas. Long County is also a short 45 minute drive to several coastal islands, including St. Simons and Jekyll islands. We are fortunate be able to access beaches, rivers, wildlife areas, shopping and even some of the south’s historical cities like Savannah, Georgia, which is about an hour from Ludowici.
The Episcopal Church of St. Peter & St. Paul
Linked UP Church
Samaritan's Purse - Operation Christmas Child
Connection Church Savannah
New Season Church
Real Life Church
Philadelphia Baptist Church