There is something captivating about a well-crafted video that draws the audience into the story. At Rolling Hills, we believe we're part of a bigger story God is writing and we're looking for a talented Video Director to help us share that story with the world. If you have a gift for visual storytelling, an eye for detail, and love seeing lives changed for Jesus, we have a home for you on our team. As our Video Director, you would oversee our entire video department that is responsible for digital content needs across three physical campuses (soon to be four in the fall of 2021) and online. It's a lot of work and a lot of fun, but in the end, we simply believe in telling stories that matter. Join us.
Experience at a church or ministry is preferred, but not required. However, applicant must be a committed Christ-follower.
The Video Director is responsible for overseeing the production of all video and animated content (original or acquired) for worship services, special events, social media, and online.
- Team Building
- Project Management
- Interpersonal Communication
- Volunteer Recruitment
- Volunteer Training
- Cinema Lighting
- Live Audio Capture
- Audio and Video Editing
- Live an exemplary life modeling the call, character, and competencies of a minister of the gospel of Jesus Christ.
- Be a servant leader to his or her staff and teams of volunteers, the families and the overall church body.
- Grow personally in his/her own leadership and ministerial abilities by reading, attending conferences and having godly and professional mentors in his/her life.
- Be involved in the overall life of the church body by being a partner/member, actively participating in a community group, church-wide events, and functions.
- Be an excited and contributing member of the RHCC staff team.
- Participate in and contribute to weekly Worship Planning and Communications Team meetings as it relates to videos, motion graphics and other projects for which you are responsible.
- Identify, cultivate, storyboard, capture and edit compelling stories of Rolling Hills people who embody our vision to Reach Out, Grow Up and Give All.
- Maintain a media production calendar to track the progress of sermon support materials, testimonial videos, event promotions, mission trip reports, and other media for the department.
- Recruit, oversee, and manage the Central Video Department staff, residents, interns, contract video/graphic artists, and volunteers.
- Repurpose existing sermon video content for community groups and discipleship curriculum, church promotional use, and as part of a growing online content resource hub.
- Oversee and manage outsourcing process.
- Work with ministry teams and volunteers to coordinate video needs at summer camp, on mission trips or at other major events as determined by the Communications Director.
- Develop annual video ministry budget and manage team finances within budgetary constraints.
- Keep editing suite current by presenting a professional working environment and maintaining accurate equipment inventory.
- Responsible for purchases of all needed equipment and supplies for the video area.
- Manage and perform maintenance schedule for all technical equipment in the video area.
- Research new tools and services that make our end product better.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Education – Bachelor’s degree or equivalent; and a minimum of four years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Leadership – Ability to think strategically and provide direction and status throughout the life of a project.
- Spiritual – must be a professing Christian with a true calling and passion for ministry through the local church.
Full-Time | Exempt | Managerial Staff