To lead, organize and administer the music ministry at SOMA Church Community.
- Reports to the Pastor-Elders
- Works with the Deacon & Leadership Team
- Responsible for those serving in the worship area
- Part-Time (15-20 hours per week), Exempt
- Give testimony and life witness of spiritual gifts relevant to leading worship and leading the music team
- Have an appropriate and adequate education in an area of study relevant to the ministry responsibilities
- Have a sound knowledge of Scripture and an ability to effectively apply Scriptural principles in ministry
- Be a stable, mature and growing Christian with an exemplary personal, marital and family life
- Be committed to developing a team approach to ministry
- Be in complete agreement with the doctrinal position of SOMA Church Community
- Work closely with the Lead Pastor-Elder to plan worship services
- Lead worship leader for approximately 75% of weekends per year. Equip and
- develop upcoming worship leaders for the other 25% of the weekends per year.
- Recruit, train and schedule all those serving in the worship area
- Conduct rehearsals and lead musicians
- Administer worship ministry (schedule musicians and services with Planning Center,
- prepare computer/ProPresenter, etc., setup stage and sound system for Sunday)
- Orchestrate all-church gatherings for worship and prayer
- Participate on Deacon & Leadership Team
- Other duties as required may be added or changed.
If you are interested in applying for the Worship Director position at SOMA Church, please send your cover letter and resume to [email protected] Applicants may be asked to provide a video sample of their worship leading.