Crossroads Farm is a cooperative, outsourced, rural youth ministry. In regions where many churches have 50 or fewer attendees, Crossroads partners with the local churches to love the rural teen, providing outreach and ministry training opportunities while coming alongside them for more effective growth. Working at Crossroads is more than working with one church or one neighborhood, it’s reaching entire counties. We are looking for highly motivated and skilled youth workers passionate about bringing the Gospel to students in rural America and ready to invest long term.
As the Facility Maintenance Associate, you are responsible for performing routine building, machinery, and ground maintenance through the gifts of service and craftsmanship.
· Assist program staff in the design and construction the annual Murder Mystery maze or alternative, often working with herbicides and weed killers with backpack and handheld sprayers
· Construct large set pieces for program events
· Maintain the grounds using riding lawn mowers, push mowers, weed whackers, trimmers, etc.
· Maintain any property equipment or work with local maintenance crews to maintain
· Perform routine cleaning of buildings, rooms, restrooms, stairwells, and other work areas
· Work with branch directors to service and maintain ministry vehicles
· Keep buildings up to code
· Work with directors and associates to write grants for needed equipment and training
“As a prisoner for the Lord, then, I urge you to live a life worthy of the calling you have received.” Ephesians 4:1
· Must be a person of integrity, given to the pursuit of a personal relationship with God through Christ. They must be committed to the Word of God as the source of spiritual wisdom and continual prayer
· If married, the Facility Maintenance Associate must place a strong priority on the sanctity of the marriage. He or she (if with children) must be committed to providing a godly home for his or her children. He or she should be committed to regular attendance and involvement in a local church
· Should be faithful, available, respectful and teachable
· Should be in agreement to the doctrinal statement of Crossroads Farm
· Represents Jesus Christ and Crossroads Farm at all times
· Should be willing to come alongside other Crossroads Farm personnel in areas of need as a member of the CRF team, even if those duties fall outside their job description
· Must have at least an associate degree or equivalent experience
· Must have skill in hands-on tasks and the willingness to learn more when necessary
· Must be relational and desirous of mentoring young persons in their pursuit of Jesus
· Helpful to have a basic knowledge of machinery and carpentry
· Should be capable of managing details as well as possess good people skills (communication, friendly, diligent, conscientious)
Location: The CRF National Headquarters is in Reading, Michigan but alternative locations are available. See crossroadsfarm.org/opportunities/ for current available locations
All staff at Crossroads Farm raise support to serve as missionaries to rural America. Support goals are set based on experience, geographical multipliers, number of family members, and health benefits. Final salary packages will be determined by the HR department and presented to applicants.
· Health Insurance - An employee may raise additional support to cover health insurance premiums. The extent of individual or family health care is determined by each employee
· Retirement Account - An employee may raise additional support for pre-taxed retirement contribution of up to 5% of one’s gross income
· Ministry Expense Account - An employee may raise additional support for job related expenses including but not limited to books, sporting events with students, meals with students, computer, gas/mileage reimbursements, training, conferences, communication with ministry partners, ministry travel expenses, etc.
· Dependents – Employees are allowed to raise an additional stipend pending family size
· Vacation – Each Crossroads Farm employee is allotted a set number of vacation, itineration, and sick days
Grace Ann Arbor West
Lead Pastor | Covenant Church of Cheboygan
Associate Pastor of Youth and Connection | Trinity Church
Children's Pastor/Director | The River Church
Fellowship Evangelical Presbyterian church
National Community Church
Berean Baptist Church
Caribbean Mountain Academy
Live Oaks Community Church