At Willow Creek, our desire is to see, value, and serve every person who takes a step towards us as a church. This means we work really hard to create physical environments that are not only welcoming, but are inviting. We acknowledge that a large church can be intimidating and overwhelming to navigate. Our goal is to provide safe spaces where those who take a step to attend one of our campuses are excited and comfortable. We want everyone to be seen and free from being distracted as they encounter Jesus and others. To us, it is totally unacceptable for anyone to slip through the cracks as they seek to interact and connect with us.
As the Director of Guest Experience on our Core Team you’ll lead to centralize a shared vision of Guest Experience across all 7 Willow campuses. You’ll work with the Core Adult Engagement Pastor to develop and build thoughtful and thorough systems to enhance the Guest Experience for attendees at all of our churches. You will collaborate, seek best practices, share ideas and ensure alignment and agreement across campuses. From Our Website to our parking lot, you will be charged with leading on unifying and inspiring our Guest Experience staff around best practices, procedures and volunteer engagement.
- Drive shared understanding of processes, operations and logistics in regards to connect environments, baptism, volunteer development, and other Sunday new guest environments.
- Collaborate and maintain the standard for quality and execution of the objectives for Guest Experiences across all campuses within the aligned model.
- Drive volunteer vision and define role clarity for uniformity and cohesiveness across campuses
- Work alongside the Adult Engagement Core Pastor to drive high quality Customer Experience both in person and digitally.
- Develop and test systems around new guest processes and first time environments.
- Work in coordination with Arts & Worship around lobby experience ideation and execution.
SUCCESS IS DEFINED AS...
Creating a culture of delivering high value service within our Guest Experience teams that leave them inspired,driven, and equipped to deliver it at the campus level.
PREFERRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- High capacity leader with the ability to support and lead a core model with multiple points of operation.
- Excellent communication skills - public and private.
- Proficient in User Experience/Human Centered Design (Preferred)
- Hospitality Management
- High Emotional EQ
- Group Oriented Leadership
- High Attention to Detail
- Agile/Sprint Project Management (Preferred)
- Collaborative leadership
- Systems development and management
- Developing volunteers
- Organizational agility
- Event Management
- Notices every single detail when walking into a new place for the first time
- Can’t stop from learning best practices in whatever role you’re in
- Loves processes as much as you love people
- Can think about a big idea and how to pull it off
- Eats, breathes, and sleeps customer service
- Reliable and accountable
- Responsible and self-reliant
- Attitude of constant improvement
- Approach life with optimism and see the good in situations and people
- Able to define problems distinctly, collect data accurately, establish reliable facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Hands-on and detail-oriented
- Tech-savvy and aren’t afraid to learn a new platform
- Naturally create systems/processes and aren’t worn out by routine
- Skilled problem solver not dependent on others to always provide direction
- Able to make decisions with the interest of the church, supervisor and team members in mind
- Self-motivated to produce agreed-upon results
Education and Experience
- Experience in leadership and/or shepherding in a multisite church or organization
- Experience in Guest Experience/Hospitality/Volunteer Development