Seeking part-time Pastor for Baptist church located in Grand Terrace California. We are a small Bible believing church that stands firm on all of God’s promises to Israel and to His Church. Please see the attached job description and visit our website for additional information https://gvbchurchonthehill.com. To apply, please send resume to [email protected].
Grand View Baptist Church
The pastor is to be the spiritual leader of the church. Ministry includes the Word, sacrament, pastoral care and community building. The Pastor sees to the health and well-being of the congregation through thought-provoking, spiritually uplifting worship experiences, ongoing Christian Education programs and social activities to promote the church and community spirit.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Prepare and present the weekly worship service.
2. Prepare and facilitate Wednesday night bible study and prayer time.
3. Develop and teach Sunday School class.
4. Officiate at Weddings and Funerals of church members.
5. Organize visitation with church members and visitors.
6. Exercise pastoral skills and sensitivity in encounters with church members and friends.
7. Update and maintain the church website.
8. Manage church advertising.
9. Participate and lead in community outreach which may include; membership in the Chamber of Commerce, attendance of City Council meetings, organizing and planning volunteer groups such as graffiti removal groups, advertising in local newspapers, connecting with local Christian Clubs at schools, special events planning.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for the position. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
1. Ethical Conduct
3. Communication Proficiency
4. Stress Management/Composure
5. Presentation Skills
6. Teamwork skills
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. Additionally, may include operation of sanctuary media equipment (audio & video).
Expected Hours of Work/Salary/Evaluation
This part-time position requires a minimum of 12-15 hours a week. Salary is $21,600 annual paid monthly $1800.00. Probationary evaluations include 6 & 12 month evaluations with annual evaluations thereafter. The Pastor is expected to give the Board monthly updates of activities and accomplishments.
San Diego Calvary Korean Church
Westminster Presbyterian Church
Trinity United Presbyterian Church
Pathway Community Church
Shadow Hills Presbyterian Church
Journey Evangelical Church
First Baptist Church
Mountain Park Church
Lead Pastor | Covenant Church of Cheboygan