Excellent opportunity to work on the beautiful campus of the Dominican Sisters of Mission San Jose (DSMSJ) in Fremont, California. This position is part-time working onsite with room for more hours over the next couple of months.
As a member of the Mission Advancement & Communication team you will be responsible for the donor data base and the donations sent to the DSMSJ. This position works closely with the Finance Department and must ensure accuracy, efficiency and timeliness in processing donations and donor information using best techniques to maintain optimal data integrity. This position plays a critical role in preparing reports, donor acknowledgement letters and other donor communications.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities:
- Knowledge and effective use of Donor Perfect software to record all cash, credit cards, estate, in-kind, stock, and tribute contributions and designations as well as pledge payments from campaigns.
- Oversee the processing/scanning of donation checks into bank accounts on a timely manner.
- Work with the Finance Department to prepare weekly bank deposits used to document and reconcile Mission Advancement & Communications database tools with general ledger accounts.
- Prepare and mail acknowledgement letters to all donors within 48 hours of receipt of donation.
- Ensure accurate up-to-date fundraising totals by week, month, and fiscal year. Generate weekly and monthly donation and fiscal year reports for Mission Advancement & Communications, Finance, and Congregational Leadership.
- Support the Mission Advancement & Communications team by pulling segmented donor and mailing lists for annual and ministry appeals.
- Create new constituent records, updating contact information and relevant donor interests in Donor Perfect.
- Maintain the confidentiality of all donor information.
- Bachelor's degree preferred but not required.
- Three to Five (3-5) years experience working in Religious/Non-Profit using a donor database.
- Proficiency with Donor Perfect, or other database management system as well as Microsoft Office Suite, and Google Cloud Platform.
- Excellent organizational skills, proven ability to set priorities, achieve goals, manage competing deadlines, and creatively problem solve.