WEST HILL BAPTIST CHURCH
“Hill Kids” Children’s Ministries
WHO ARE WE:
West Hill Baptist Church was founded in 1966. We have a rich legacy of being a Jesus-focused church that stands firmly on the truth of God’s Word and boldly proclaims the Gospel to all men. We are located in the city of Wooster, Ohio with a population of approximately 27,000 people. Wooster is located in Wayne county, which has a population over 110,000. We are located 1 hour south of Cleveland and an hour and a half north of Columbus. Several mid-size cities surround us that offer a wide variety of activities.
We are a church of 600 to 700 with a warm spirit and a heart for Jesus, each other, the community, and the world.
Our mission is to lead people into a growing relationship with Jesus Christ.
Our strategy is to cultivate a church life where people are encouraged and equipped to pursue intimacy with God, community with those inside the church, and influence with people outside the church.
Weekend Services: Bible teaching, worship, serving, fellowship
In-Home Adult Small Groups: Spiritual growth, community, outreach
Kids/Students/Adult Ministries: Birth thru senior adults
Outreach: Personal evangelism, community events, The One Campaign
Missions: Financial, physical, and prayer support
OUR CORE VALUES
Core Values have a great impact on the health of a church. They are the fuel for our mission and strategy, and they permeate everything we do.
BELONG: We belong to Christ by faith in Him alone.
GROW: We grow in Christ by knowing and following God’s Word.
CONNECT: We join with Christ by living in community with those in the Body.
GIVE: We prioritize Christ by giving our time and resources toward His purpose.
SERVE: We reflect Christ by serving inside and outside the Church.
TRAIN: We imitate Christ by equipping others to be disciples.
SEND: We share Christ by proclaiming the gospel to the world around us.
Videos from our services and a full list of our leadership and staff can be found at whbcwooster.com
We are looking for a full-time Children’s Director/Pastor to take us to the next level of growth. This person must have a heart for Jesus, the church, children, and their parents. Our children’s pastor must be committed to the Word and must place a high priority on developing community within the ministry. The Children’s Director/Pastor must have a deep love for parents/families and must be passionate about partnering with parents, as they are the primary spiritual influence in a child’s spiritual life.
POSITION TITLE: Children’s Director/Pastor
REPORTS TO: Senior Pastor
POSITION STATUS: Full-time Employee
POSITION SUMMARY: Develop, manage, and direct all aspects of children’s ministry (birth through Fifth Grade) which includes Sunday morning classes, seasonal/special Events, VBS, potential childcare for church functions, Special Needs/Respite Care
MINISTRY SIZE: 100-150 kids, 50+ volunteers
PAY: TBD/Based on experience
MAJOR MEDICAL HEALTH INSURANCE + HSA: Available, if desired (no vision or dental available)
RETIREMENT: Available after 1 year of employment through Guidestone Financial Services (up to 3% employer match)
OTHER BENEFITS: 3 weeks paid vacation, unlimited PTO, flexible work schedule, MacBook provided
Moving expenses (truck/fuel) will be covered
GENERAL QUALIFICATIONS FOR THIS POSITION
• A personal relationship with Jesus Christ and a life surrendered to Him
• Desire to work in children’s ministry as a way to serve God and advance His kingdom
• Must agree to abide by and teach in light of doctrinal tenets of the church (We are not Reformed or Arminian)
• Clearance of criminal background check
EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION, AND SKILLS
• 3+ years of experience in church/children’s ministry and/or management of children’s programs
• Previous experience with (or willingness to become familiar with) the Orange strategy & curriculum
REQUIREMENTS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Servant-attitude towards God, leaders, other team members, the church body, and guests
· Ability to work with children, volunteers, staff, and parents to coordinate children’s ministry
• Ability to make changes, corrections, and solve problems quickly under pressure
• Self-motivated, organizational skills, and leadership ability
• Time management skills and punctuality
• Embrace the Orange strategy of partnering with parents and making disciples
• A desire and ability to work as a team and cooperate with others to meet stated goals
• Communicate openly and honestly with Senior Pastor and staff about needs, problems, and ideas for improvement
• Follow directions and leadership of supervisor, Senior Pastor
• Solve problems resourcefully
• Resolve conflict in a Christ-like manner
· Continue to implement and carry out the established mission/vision for children’s ministry at WHBC
• Recruit, schedule, oversee, train and equip volunteers to serve in the children’s ministry
• Plan and execute all children’s Sunday morning gatherings
• Plan and execute children's seasonal/special events
• Plan and execute VBS
• Lovingly manage the Special Needs/Respite Care element of the ministry
• Follow-up with visitors
• Develop consistent communication with parents
• Parent counseling, if needed
• Develop, maintain, and stay within the children’s ministry budget
• Manage the Hill Kids Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram pages
• Coordinate volunteer background checks, making sure they are complete and current
• Participate in church staff meetings
• Participate in main services, when possible
• Be involved with baptisms, as needed
Pastor of Student Ministries | The Gathering
Living Hope Church
Harlem Road United Methodist Church
Trinity Baptist Church
Westminster Presbyterian Church
Chapel Hill Baptist Church
New Vision Ministries
Children's Pastor/Director | The River Church