Position: Director of College/ young adult ministry.
Volunteer until pay
church denomination: Christian Church
Rising Hope Neighborhood Church is seeking a career in this position. See the job description below for details. Applications (Resume and 1 letter of recommendation) must be submitted both via email to us
Our Mission Statement
Love God, Grow People, Share Christ, and Serve the World
Share the word of God. Have the door open to everyone and let them feel welcome. Love one another as Jesus loved us . Show Our Passion for christ.
General Position Overview
To develop and lead the College and Young Adult Ministry of Rising Hope Neighborhood Church so that it effectively reaches out and disciple the next generation of followers of Jesus in the
- Develop effective Community Groups for college-aged students and young adults within Rising Hope Neighborhood Church.
- Create and equip a leadership team of college-aged students, young adults, and older adults who will help direct the ministry and serve within the church.
- Foster intergenerational connections between college students and young adults with older adults in the church
- Develop a comprehensive ministry plan that involves seasonal events, retreats, service opportunities, and mission trips for college students and young adults.
- Work together with the Student Pastors and their team to build and maintain a cohesive relationship between the college ministry and the Student ministry to ensure smooth transitions for graduating students between the two ministries.
- Be proactive in keeping the College and Young Adult Ministry in alignment with the mission of Rising Neighborhood.
- Get the college student and young adults ready to go out in the world to share the Good News.
- Will work to help with opening up a college on campus
- A strong personal relationship with Jesus Christ as evidenced by spiritual maturity and a close daily walk with Him, including a vision for college/young adult ministry consistent with Rising Hope Neighborhood church mission statement and core values.
- Be committed to the theological stance of the Rising Hope Neighborhood Church, Converge Worldwide, and supportive of the ministry of the Rising Hope Neighborhood District.
- Preferably, a college graduate with seminary education or equivalent experience and ministry training
- Experience leading a successful ministry team
- Good relational and organizational skills.
- Knowledge and understanding of the special needs of college students and young adults in the culture of the Central Valley Area.
Working Church Staff and Volunteer Relationships:
- Report directly to the Pastors and ministry staff.
- Develop and be responsible for meetings with volunteers and/or support staff as needed.
- Being a team player with other departments leads through active participation in meetings and by developing relationships that are mutually supportive on both a professional and personal level.
- Participate in worship services at Rising Hope Neighborhood church, meetings, retreats, and conferences as requested by the Pastors and the ministry staff.
- Participate in church events by serving in a ministry outside your own area.
- Minister in partnership with the Grow Groups Team
- Be informed of and function within the guidelines outlined in the Rising Hope Neighborhood Church Policy and Personnel Manuals.