The following defines the specific functions performed by the Associate Pastor:
- Support the Lead Pastor in overall vision casting and leadership of the church’s teaching.
- Work with the Senior Pastor to ensure weekend services are planned and executed.
- Oversee Sunday morning volunteer groups with an emphasis on discipleship and hospitality.
- Serve as the primary contact for visitors. Keeps track of attendance and coordinates follow up contact with new guests, and members who have not attended for a couple of weeks.
- Know the congregation by showing interest in them and a pastoral care for their spiritual growth.
- Partner with lead pastor in continuing to build community within the church.
- Partner with lead pastor on community engagement and outreach.