Harvest Church of Southern Illinois is currently a member of the SBC and under the local support of Clear Creek Baptist Association. Harvest Church is located within an immediate population of 6,000 in Anna and Jonesboro, IL and a surrounding total population of 16,968 across Union County, IL. Harvest Church maintains a current average weekly attendance of 145.
Harvest Church has covenant membership which is renewed yearly. Harvest is a mission-minded church. Harvest seeks to serve not only our home community, but also those communities of our mission partners. Harvest is committed to and grateful for the ability God has given us to maintain a near 30% budget allotment toward our mission partners. Harvest believes in a simple model for carrying out The Great Commission. Through worship, life groups and servant teams Harvest seeks to make and grow disciples of Jesus Christ. These are the pillars which support our mission, and they are the focus of the resources God grants us. We are informal, both in the way we dress, and in the design of our building.
Harvest is currently looking to fill a Lead/Vision Pastor vacancy.
Both full-time and bi-vocational applicants may be considered for this position.
A qualified applicant will align with the following:
* Biblical qualifications for an Elder/Pastor of a body of believers: Ephesians 6:4, 1 Timothy 3, Titus 1, 1 Peter 5
* Must have strong, doctrinal Bible-teaching skills, in a reformed framework and do so mostly by exposition.
*Appreciates and understands the importance of evangelism on the part of all Christ-followers
* Able and willing to lead church leadership in vision and growth while remaining accountable to Harvest's Elder Group
* Lead in the observance of Communion and Baptisms
* Oversee vision and growth of Harvest Life Groups and Prayer, Children, Youth and Servant Team ministries
* Possess a passion to develop disciples into leaders
* Lead community engagement and church representation within the community
* Able to provide counseling: grieving, crisis, premarital, spiritual needs, etc.
* Home life should reflect a spiritual leader who places love of God above all and leadership characterized by a humble heart
Those interested should apply with resume to: connect at harvestchurchsi dot com
Please include, if possible, a link to watch or listen to a couple of sermons or teaching videos that highlight your teaching style.
First round cutoff date to apply is July 17, 2021.
Cherry Hills Church
St. John's United Church of Christ
First Presbyterian of Glen Ellyn
Journey Evangelical Church
First Baptist Church
Mountain Park Church
Lead Pastor | Covenant Church of Cheboygan