Basic Expectations for Church Keyboardist:
- Participate in the life and mission of the Church
- Work with the pastor to prayerfully select weekly and seasonal music for worship with consideration to sermon and seasonal topics.
- Participate in weekly staff meetings and worship planning prayer sessions.
- Play music weekly in worship, special services, and seasonal events. Our style is mostly modern (Hillsong, Passion, CityAlight, Matt Redman, etc.) with at least one hymn per week.
Skills and Qualifications
- Excellent musician, a worship background and training of some kind is preferred.
- A personal calling to serve Christ's church.
- Be able to go "spontaneous" if the Spirit leads and not be "stuck" to a chord sheet or sheet music.
- Exposure to and appreciation for theologically rich worship forms and styles, both modern and hymnody.
- Effective organization, administrative, and leadership skills.
- Effective, grace-centered interpersonal and communication skills.
- Love Jesus and be committed to living as his disciple.
- Passionate about the transforming power of the gospel.