Gospel Life Church (GLC) is a gospel-centered, grace-driven church 35 miles south of Seattle in the suburb of Puyallup located in the Greater Puyallup Valley. GLC was planted in 2013 by ten families that longed to make disciples and plant churches. Currently, 900 people call Gospel Life home, of which 50% are children. There are currently twenty healthy and ready-to-multiply Gospel Communities and the church is celebrating several strong local community partnerships. The mission of Gospel Life is to preach the gospel and help connect its transformational power to everyday life so that more disciples can be made and more churches planted.
Gospel Life Church belongs to the Gospel Life Family of Churches, which currently consists of two churches with prayers of planting a third church within the next three years through the Acts29 Church Planting Network. Gospel Life Church is currently looking for an Executive Pastor to join their fun, energetic, and talented staff team. The Executive Pastor will oversee the business, operational, and strategic needs of this healthy and growing church in partnership with the Lead Pastor and Pastor of Discipleship.
Gospel Life Church is located in the heart of the Greater Puyallup Valley (360k people) inDowntown Puyallup. Puyallup is in Pierce County, an expanding suburb of Seattle, and is one of the fastest-growing counties in the nation since 2018. Puyallup is located 14 miles East of the Tacoma waterfront and 45 minutes West of the Crystal Mountain Ski Resort in the shadow of magnificent Mount Rainier. Locals enjoy the lakes, rivers, and the natural beauty of being surrounded by mountain ranges that offer endless opportunities for fishing, hiking, hunting, and recreation. The Greater Puyallup Valley is an affordable place to live and own a home, which is why each city is rapidly developing and committed to offering excellent education opportunities for the growing needs of the young families that call this place home.
The Executive Pastor of GLC will oversee the business, operational, and strategic needs of this disciple-making, church-planting church in partnership with the Lead Pastor and Pastor of Discipleship on the GLC Executive Staff Team. The Executive Pastor will:
● Ensure the vision of Gospel Life is fulfilled with utmost excellence and effectiveness.
● Provide excellent pastoral care and leadership of members and volunteer staff, ensuring their spiritual growth and development.
● Be a proven preacher and teacher who possesses a desire to participate in the preaching and shepherding team as an Elder in time.
● Bring cohesive unity and focus for the vision of the church, ensuring alignment so that ministries avoid vision drift and silos.
● Have the administrative gifts to develop church systems, oversee and equip leaders and have a background in finance and human resources.
● Meet the biblical qualifications of an elder as outlined in Scripture (1 Timothy 3, 1 Peter 5) and be willing to participate in a phase of elder candidacy to learn how to shepherd the GLC family
● Agree with the Lausanne Covenant Statement of Faith and the Distinctives of the Acts 29 Church Planting Network
● Proven giftedness and experience in Administration
● 5 years of leadership and pastoral ministry experience in a missional setting in a church with over 500 people
● Masters degree preferred
● Project management experience preferred
Living Grace Ministries
Lake Tapps Christian Church
Lake Forest Park Presbyterian Church
Ellensburg Presbyterian Church, ECO
Faith EFCA Louviers, CO