New Bern Children’s Ministry Coordinator
Position: Full time salaried Reports To: Campus Pastor
Religious Worker Not Covered by FLSA
Not Entitled to Overtime or Minimum Wage
The role of the Children’s Ministry Coordinator is to oversee the children’s ministry of the New Bern Campus under the leadership of the Campus Pastor with the direction, influence and guidance coming from the Children’s Ministry Pastor. This will include the ministries of Grow Zone (Birth to Pre K) and Treasure Island (Kindergarten to 5th grade). This will require a firm grasp of the beliefs, values and strategy of Port City Community Church and the ability to align staff and key leadership teams with its mission, vision and values. The position will partner with parents to lead kids to a genuine sense of belonging, involvement and spiritual growth at Port City Community Church by meeting kids where they are and leading them to next steps. Additionally the role will facilitate relational connection and spiritual growth of kids through weekend environments, small groups, and volunteer teams.
· Must be a believer of Jesus Christ and an active participant of Port City Community Church (a history of active participation is preferable).
· Must demonstrate a value of and naturally participate in personal evangelism.
· Must be passionate about children.
· Must be a team-oriented person with the ability to design, implement and mature objectives of Grow Zone.
· Must excel in ministry commitment, conduct and professionalism.
· Must possess training and development skills.
· Must be action and goal oriented.
· Experience must include program development and execution. Must be able to assist in financial planning and management of the operations of Grow Zone.
· Must be computer literate.
· Excellent organization and diplomacy skills are essential.
· Must be highly ethical and able to process sensitive information confidentially.
· Must demonstrate an acceptable balance of confidence and humility, and must be willing to proactively address issues in accordance with scripture and in alignment with the Port City Community Church statement of faith.
· Must be familiar with Social Media and digital website content management.
· Must look for ways to engage in the community and schools to better partner with parents.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The position will be responsible for the following:
1. Modeling Biblical Priorities:
Responsible for upholding Biblical priorities and core values of Port City Community Church.
· The CM Coordinator should represent a growing personal relationship with Christ.
· The CM Coordinator will model a strong relationship with his or her spouse (if married) and children (if applicable).
· The CM Coordinator strives to fulfill his or her purpose in life and ministry while demonstrating integrity in words, relationships and actions.
These objectives are accomplished by:
· Committing to a regular quiet-time with God.
· Engaging with Port City Community Church weekend service as often as possible in person or digitally as applicable.
· Setting appropriate boundaries with time and relationships to protect character and integrity.
· Developing personal evangelism opportunities within and outside the church.
· Adhering to and encompassing the qualities and characteristics required of Port City Community Church employees, as defined by the Employee Handbook.
2. Leadership and development of Staff and Volunteer Teams:
Success in this role will be best accomplished by prioritizing an investment in ministry leaders who, in turn, influence the children. Responsible for creating an environment that recruits, develops and empowers children’s ministry leaders:
· Communicating the vision and wins for staff and volunteer teams on a regular basis.
· Overseeing systems for background checks, safety and security procedures, scheduling, training and care of volunteers are being followed at the campus level.
· Leading staff and volunteer meetings.
· Providing creative efforts for training leaders (retreats, tools, etc.)
· Providing staff and volunteer teams with current children’s ministry best practices.
· Ensuring that the children’s ministry team (staff and volunteer) answers questions and provides remarkable customer service to parents and kids on a consistent basis.
· Providing regular evaluations and feedback to team members.
· Creating and continuously improving follow-up methods to ensure that new kids and their families are plugged in to Port City Community Church.
· Managing budget forecasts and expenses for the ministries.
3. Oversight and Execution of Weekend Environments:
Responsible for creating programs that provide engaging experiences and life-changing environments for children:
• Providing insight and direction for big picture programming and creative planning processes.
• Selecting relevant curriculum, props, and games for weekend experiences.
• Ensuring that check-in areas, ministry spaces and signage are clear, current and focused on new kids and their families.
• Producing verbal announcements, web page information, social media communication, etc. about the Children’s ministry at Port City Community Church New Bern.
• Creating and maintaining a safe environment for children, including special needs at Port City Community Church New Bern.
• Communicate to parents about all forms of engagement available for their kids and follow up with families to see if materials/resources are helpful and easy to use/access.
4. Oversight and Execution of Small Groups:
• Overseeing information and tracking of small group participants and leaders.
• Actively encouraging small group leaders to connect with families and kids during the week.
• Providing opportunities for kids to discover their unique purpose and begin developing their talents and abilities.
• Making sure small group leaders receive training in curriculum, coaching materials and creative approaches to small group ministry.
• Following a strategy to equip parents to help their kids take their next steps toward Christ.
• Provide opportunities for leaders to meet for relational purposes and team building outside of training events.
• Communicate on a regular basis with leaders and inform them of changes to programming, new procedures and policies and offer opportunties for training.
St. Andrew's Episcopal Church
Steele Creek Presbyterian Church at Pleasant Hill
Steele Creek Presbyterian Church at Pleasant Hill
Glad Tidings Assembly of God
First Baptist Church
Pathway Bible Church
Central Baptist Church