Live Oaks Community Church Mission: To equip and encourage people to finish well for the glory of God.
Job Title: Facilities Manager
Job Status: Full-time, exempt
Ministry Area: Operations
Reports to: Administrator
Reports to this Position: Custodians
Date Approved (new only) or last updated: August 2021
Position Summary: With a passion for Jesus and the local church, Leads and collaborates on all aspects of Live Oaks Community Church (LOCC) facilities by creating and implementing strategies and systems to maintain and improve the Woodridge and Southern Oaks Campus environments to support the mission and vision of LOCC.
· Oversees all campuses of LOCC by:
o Ensuring facilities are clean, well maintained, and secure.
§ Ensuring all systems, including but not limited to, HVAC system, electrical and plumbing systems are serviced regularly for preventive maintenance.
o Ensuring properties are clean, well maintained, weed/pest free, and secure.
o Ensuring annual inspections are scheduled and completed in a timely fashion.
o Ensuring vehicles/trailers/equipment are clean, well maintained, and secure.
§ Includes but not limited to pickup truck, John Deere Gator, LSV Shuttle.
· Establishes methods, vendors, and systems to ensure property maintenance, enhancements and improvements are performed on a weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual basis.
· Obtains bids and works with various vendors for property improvements and ongoing maintenance.
· Operates and maintains all mechanical equipment.
o Maintains necessary licenses and certifications including lift certification.
· Works with fire, police, and other public officials regarding church property matters.
· Be knowledgeable and responsible for the building security system and able to train staff/volunteers on proper procedures when entering/exiting the building.
· Oversees the custodial staff, landscapers, and outside service contractors/repairmen.
o Assists custodial staff during busy times.
· In coordination with the Administrator/Business Manager, purchases supplies and services as needed.
· Provides facility reports to Administrator, Pastors and Elders as requested.
· Prepares and manages Building Maintenance Budget.
· Oversees the set-up of buildings/properties for various events.
o Coordinates scheduling with Church Secretary and calendar.
o Works with Volunteer Teams as needed to accomplish the desired setup.
· Provides inventory of furniture, equipment, and maintenance supplies.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
Essential Skills and Experience:
· Knowledge of Construction and Building Maintenance is essential, construction experience beneficial.
· Demonstrated knowledge of equipment and facility maintenance programs, procedures, safety principles and practices.
· Driving skills such that able to back a trailer into tight spaces.
· Committed to excellence, teamwork and executes job responsibilities with humility and openness.
· Proven experience in thinking strategically and ability to anticipate and initiate change.
· Proven organizational and problem-solving skills.
· Ability to track details and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
· Demonstrates a commitment to continuous improvement.
· Self-motivated and well organized.
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (oral and written).
· Communicate fluently in English; fluency in other languages is a plus.
· Strong attention to detail.
· Supervisory experience.
· Willingness to sacrifice personal time for the good of the organization.
Traits for Success in Calling:
· See themselves as a son/daughter of God that is passionate about the Kingdom and have a total commitment to be planted in LOCC as their home.
· Fully support the Mission, Core Values, Ministry Focus and Culture of LOCC, having the spiritual depth that supports the fulfillment of these goals (Vision Frame will be provided at appropriate time)
· Able to uphold our Biblical Standards for Spiritual Leadership with a constant desire to become more like Jesus.
· To be a member and live out LOCC’s membership covenant in full agreement with LOCC’s Articles of Incorporation and Bylaws.
· Genuine, visible relationship with Jesus Christ; qualities of an overseer as described in I Timothy 3.
· Regular involvement in LOCC ministries.
· Attends weekly staff meetings.
· Annually sign the LOCC Employee Handbook Acknowledgement of Receipt.
Physical Demands and work environment:
· Employee must be able to move freely throughout the building, bend, stoop, stand, walk, climb ladders up to 12 feet and able to lift up to 50 lbs. Note: reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Employee must be able and willing to work outdoors – at times in inclement weather.
· A valid Florida drivers’ license is required.
· A valid lift certification will be required.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. We believe everyone has a role, a team and gifts that God has given them. The employee may perform other duties requested by the Administrator, Executive Pastor or the Lead Pastor to meet the ongoing needs of LOCC.
First Baptist Church Pine Castle
Trinity Assembly of God
Youth For Christ
Downtown Baptist Orlando
National Community Church
Berean Baptist Church
Caribbean Mountain Academy