Discovery Church in Yukon, OK is seeking a Student Pastor. The Student Pastor is vital to the emotional and spiritual formation of our student ministries middle through high school at Discovery Church. The Student Pastor must exhibit energy, excitement, vision, persistence, courage, faith and the love of Christ. They must focus on discipleship and building community among teens while impacting their families with the love of Christ. You will be present in the big moments and not so big moments of a student’s life. You will need to strive for effectiveness in the measures you employ to reach students and you must have adequate knowledge of the challenges our teens are facing in today’s world. The Student Pastor will operate from a relational team mindset and collaborate with others on our Pastoral team. Finally, this person will be a self-starter capable of assessing Student needs and taking initiative to develop the ministry accordingly to our beliefs and church mission.
- Attending and participating in weekly staff meetings.
- Envisioning our student ministry and creating opportunities for spiritual growth that leads to service for church and community.
- Designing or researching curriculum for events and group meetings that foster spiritual growth.
- Be innovative, opportunistic and available.
- Be a people person, loving and interacting with youth and their families.
- Be present with students and celebrate functions on and off campus.
- Willing to work collaboratively with other dept. heads, team player, servant-hearted.
Candidate Required Qualifications
- Must have an authentic relationship with Christ as evidenced in daily life and a calling to impact students.
- Be prayerful, student of the Word and Holy Spirit guided.
- Must have aptitude for teaching and preaching the Word.
- Ability to understand and have infinity for teens and families.
- Excellent computer and social media skills.
- Strong communication, organization & teaching skills.
- Willing to sacrifice, serve, and be inconvenienced for the sake of the body of Christ and be available when service calls.
- Passion for the Gospel, the lost, and discipleship.
- Willingness to be vulnerable, self-starter, seek help, & learn.
- High level of integrity, work ethic, & self-care.
- Able to lead volunteers as well as interns and willing to be involved in the surrounding school system.
- Alignment with Discovery Church’s beliefs. Beliefs — Discovery Church (discoveryokc.org)
- College graduate 4-year degree, (seminary/ordination is a plus).
- 2-5 years’ experience in active Student ministry.
What Discovery Has to Offer You
We desire to promote the growth of our staff, lay leaders, and members. Whomever we call to Discovery Church will not only minister to Students but will also be ministered to by us. The following are just a few things we have to offer:
- Healthy, loving, and supportive church community.
- High level of freedom to develop the Student ministry, within the scope of Discovery Church’s beliefs and values.
- Support, resourcing, and potential mentoring.
- Learning environment in which to grow both personally and professionally. Through paid training via conferences and seminars.
- Competitive salary and benefits.
SHOULD YOU APPLY?
Discovery Student Ministry job opening is for a Pastor who…
- Cultivates leadership from his daily time with God and his daily time with his wife and family.
- Creates a community of 20-25 adult and student leaders capable of fulfilling the mission to 100-150 students.
- Communicates with excellence (oral and written)
- Could be described as direct, a risk taker, a person of integrity, emotionally intelligent, and adventuresome.
- Is culturally comfortable relating to a diverse community.
- Can visualize recruiting and hiring additional support and pastoral staff and clearly communicate that vision through steps and processes to reach the next generation.
Along with your resume, please provide the following:
Interested candidates should submit a (1) cover letter, (2) a resume with three references, (3) a personal testimony explaining your call to Student Ministry(1-2 pages), a recent enneagram or DISC profile and (4) social media addresses (5) YouTube or other links to a teaching
Please call the Church 405-354-2536 for additional information on applicant submission.