Summary: To fulfill the mission of Pleasant Valley Community Church through planning and leading gatherings of the church to help our people and city know God and make Him known.
- Identify, develop, and disciple worship leaders to serve in the ministries of PVCC and beyond.
- Personally lead music and liturgy for PVCC’s gatherings.
- Lead a team to create an environment where the people of PVCC are discipled as they see and declare
- the worth of God through song, prayer, and God’s Word.
- Shepherd the people of PVCC, equipping them to be disciples who make disciples.
KEY OUTCOMES AND GOALS
Key Outcome #1: Lead & Develop Worship Culture at PVCC
- Work alongside the Pastoral and Worship Teams to ensure that gospel-centered worship is at the center of culture of PVCC.
- Creatively plan and write liturgy that shepherds the people of PVCC to read, pray, and sing the Word of God.
- Pursue excellence as appropriate to the relative needs and expectations of the church as it grows.
Key Outcome #2: Create a Discipleship Culture Within the Context of the Worship Ministry
- Identify and develop men and women who are gifted to lead worship, discipling them both in character and competency in order to prepare them to serve the local church.
- Build a team culture and expectation of musicians and leaders who exemplify healthy church membership.
- Build a team culture that values excellence and skill in order to serve the church well.
Key Outcome #3: Oversee Sunday Gatherings and Special Events
- Work closely with Lead Pastor to develop weekly worship sets built around teaching passages for the Sunday gathering.
- Recruit, train, and deploy worship leaders for all aspects of leading weekend gatherings.
- Schedule worship team for PVCC.
- Prepare and arrange music and lead band members to serve in weekly gatherings.
- Build a schedule through Planning Center to accommodate all music needs for PVCC gatherings.
- Oversee sound and media technicians for all production needs at PVCC.
- Audition, train, and practice with potential worship team members.
- Oversee and support deacons for ordinances observed in PVCC’s gatherings.
- Meet the qualifications and characteristics of an elder outlined in 1 Timothy 3 and Titus 1
- Alignment with Pleasant Valley’s theology, mission, vision, values, and culture statements • A history of developing leaders and leading teams in ministry multiplication
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent education
- Minimum of 5 years of related experience preferred
- Competent in arranging and leading songs
- Competent in planning and leading liturgy
- Proficiency in Planning Center
- Proficiency in using Multitracks