Position: Oxnard Campus Worship Pastor
Reports to: Central Worship Director
Hours: Full-Time Salary
Compensation: Commensurate with experience
The Oxnard Campus Worship Leader oversees all needs related to the worship experience for the Oxnard campus. The position oversees all volunteer teams associated with Worship and Production for Oxnard campus. They will be an active part of the Oxnard Staff Team and assist in campus activities, events, pastoral care, connection and outreach.
The role requires a broad knowledge and high level of experience with worship, music, volunteers, as well as audio, lighting, & staging; and extensive knowledge and experience with leading worship and working with musicians; demonstrated effective leadership ability; and experience in leading and developing volunteers, scheduling, and managing volunteer teams. The role also requires high level leadership, pastoral skills and the ability to connect with people and do various tasks related to starting a campus and helping it thrive in all areas.
Skills and Abilities:
- Work with Staff and volunteers to produce and support all services, programs, and events for Oxnard campus.
- Carry, protect, and communicate the vision for worship and production of Mission at the Oxnard campus.
- Act as main point of contact for all Worship and Production needs for the Oxnard campus.
- Assist in service setup (audio/stage/lighting/live video) for the Oxnard campus.
- Work with, lead, and invest in the Worship and Production volunteer teams providing leadership, care, and discipleship.
- Work under the Central Worship Director to create a consistent and quality worship experience at the Oxnard campus.
- Work with the Central Production Director for maintaining and overseeing all Worship and Production equipment (instruments, sound, lighting, video).
- Work with the Oxnard Campus Team to strategize, plan, and execute events, activities and ministry needs for the Oxnard Campus.
- Assist Oxnard Campus Pastor with pastoral care, outreach, and ministry responsibilities for the Oxnard campus.
- Other duties as assigned
- Must be able to build, manage and lead strong volunteer teams.
- Requires a high level of musical skill. For leading worship, leading worship teams.
- Work with Ableton Live.
- Capable of charting music.
- Will need to maintain PlanningCenterOnline plans, songs, people, and resources for Oxnard campus.
- Must be knowledgeable of production equipment and technology to train and equip teams and volunteers.
- Must have a “team” spirit and be able to function well with staff, programming, worship, teaching, and creative teams.
- Requires a high level of communication skills (verbal and written) to work with volunteers and other ministry areas.
- Requires high level of time management, collaboration skills, and project management.
- Demonstrates the ability to perform high quality, detailed work with minimum supervision within assigned deadlines.
- Demonstrates the ability to think strategically while staying focused on the accomplishment of current department priorities.
- Provide Quality Control for Worship and Production needs at Oxnard campus.
- Requires a high level of relational and pastoral skills.
- Is highly knowledgeable, but has a humble and teachable spirit. Having a highly Coachable and learning spirit is key for our team.
Each member of the Mission Church team takes a “how can I help” approach to ministry. While each team member has individual areas of responsibility, there is a sense of collaboration and support that permeates our culture. There is no task below a team member at Mission, and if we see something that needs to be done, we do it! Humility is the highest honor at Mission.