To help families and children follow Jesus in a life-defining way, and to equip and release parents to be the primary disciple-making influence in the home.
Lead Pastor, Pastor of Discipleship, Associate Children’s Director, and other part time CM staff.
45-50 hours per week
TBD, proportionate with experience, education, and capabilities.
· A growing believer with a vibrant, consistent dependency on Jesus Christ.
· A reputation of expressing Biblically-defined, ethical standards.
· BA or BS undergraduate degree or proportionate ministry experience.
· Agreement/alignment with EFCA doctrinal statement, and CCC’s philosophy of ministry and by-laws.
· One who loves and relates well to children and adults.
· Someone possessing strong organizational skills and effective speaking skills.
· One who enjoys teamwork and can lead teams, but who also takes personal initiative.
· A person who is proven in the area of equipping others for ministry.
· Able to handle the Scriptures effectively in a ministry setting.
· Proven ministry experience in working with children.
· Ability to minister to a culturally diverse group of children.
· Disciple-making: We exist to connect people into a life-definign relationship with Jesus. This is our highest value.
· Equipping and Releasing: We value the raising up (equipping) and releasing the body to do the work of the ministry.
· Grace: Ministry can be exciting and fulfilling. It can also be challenging. We want to lead with gracious hearts and attitudes for staff and volunteer leaders.
1. Discipleship: Work with the Pastor Discipleship in providing training and coaching to parents so as to foster healthy family relationships that prioritize discipleship.
2. Programming: Successfully identify, deploy, and sustain strategic children’s ministry programming (centralized & decentralized) throughout the ministry seasons of a year, while tracking results and metrics.
3. Leaders: Identify, empower, and shepherd children’s ministry staff and volunteer leadership in ministry to children and their families.
4. Sharpen - Evaluate the various aspects of the ministry on a regular basis and recommend changes for improvement.
5. Budget - Develop an annual budget and oversee expenditures that advance the ministry.
6. Family Resource - Serve as a support and resource for parents as they seek to disciple their MS & HS students.
7. Be actively involved in a Connect Group and the Life of the body at CCC.
8. Pursue and become a member of the Christ Community Church and credentialing in the EFCA in a timely manner.
This person should eagerly and humbly learn ministry skills. Responsibilities will increase as he proves his competence in each ministry skill. He should be initially responsible for:
· Maintaining a personal walk with God.
· Developing positive relationships with students and their parents.
· Fulfilling weekly, monthly, and yearly ministry tasks.
· Learning the church/ family culture and working in alignment with the mission and direction of CCC.
1. Director of Discipleship
2. Executive Pastor
3. Lead Pastor
Community Church of Hudson
Harvest North Iowa
Morningside Bible Church
New Vision Ministries
Children's Pastor/Director | The River Church
The Bay Church
LifeBridge Christian Center