NR Kids, the children’s ministry of New River Fellowship, provides relevant, age-appropriate learning and relationship opportunities for kids from Kindergarten to 5th grade. Ministry for this age group is provided and executed by a base of volunteers led by the NR Kids Pastor.
The Kids Pastor will provide vision, direction, teaching, and leadership development for the ministry in order to fulfill our mission of life-changing encounters in the presence of God. Their primary responsibility is to continually create an environment for children to learn about the love of God.
Average work week: 36-40+ hrs.
35% Leading and shepherding volunteer team
30% Teaching, weekly ministry execution, summer events execution
20% Administration and churchwide efforts, including outreach
15% Developing and cultivating NRKids vision with church families, children and volunteers
The Best Candidate is...
- Passionate about sharing NR Kids ministry vision with church families, volunteers and people in the community
- Able to build a team that leads and executes NR Kids ministry by inspiring others to serve in NR Kids
- Driven to reach kids who do not know Christ by being relevant and providing a great space for them to connect with other kids and leaders
- An advocate for connecting with parents and equipping them to be the leader of their child’s spiritual development
- An active listener and strong communicator to both children and adults
- A proven project manager with strong attention to details and administrative skills
- A team player and team builder who focuses on the good of the entire church
The Best Candidate will...
- Create and implement a strategy that draws in families into the church through NR Kids ministry
- Lead and develop teams and volunteers to operate in their strengths and be effective in NRKids ministry
- Minister to the families and aid in connecting what happens on the weekend with what happens at home
- Represent the mission and values of New River through all ministry planning and effort
- Be a model for those who attend New River by being an example of personal integrity, discipleship, and evangelism
Desired Skills and Job Complexity
- Critical Thinking: Analyze situations and make informed decisions
- Emotional Intelligence: Understand your emotions and others’ emotions
- Interpersonal: positive and professional attitude, integrity, dependability, adaptable, team mindset, eager to work, willing to learn
- Communication: Active listener, proficient verbal and written communication skills with children and adults, project management
- Self-Direction: strong time-management skills, multi- tasking, work without direct supervision, manage interruptions, meeting deadlines, focus, drive
- Microsoft 365, with proficiency in MS Word
- Think Orange Curriculum
- Planning Center Apps
- Writing with conciseness and precision
- Proofreading and editing children’s curriculum
- Strong grammar skills
- Growing disciple of Christ with a heart for God, growing in self-awareness, as evidenced by spiritual maturity
- View working here as a call to ministry, not just a job
- Ability to speak spiritual life into others when the need/opportunity arises
- Seeks reconciliation & conflict resolution
- 3+ years’ experience directing a large children’s ministry, including leadership of ministry staff (full or part-time staff members and/or a volunteer team of 10+ volunteers)
- University graduate, preferably with a complimentary major to enhance ministry to children
- Prefer seminary education or equivalent experience and training in Christian Education
- Prefer experience with Think Orange curriculum or similar
- Love kids
Benefits & Compensation
- Salaried position
- Paid Time Off
- Health Insurance (90% employer paid)
- Dental/Vision Insurance available
- Retirement Plan available
This description is not all inclusive, and other duties may be assigned or removed as needed.