Job Title: Director of Youth Ministries
Immediate Supervisor Title: Pastor
Job Supervisory Responsibilities: Lead volunteer, parents, and student in ministry.
- Lead and encourage middle school and high school youth in beginning, developing and growing in a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Provide opportunities for them to experience God, encounter Christ, and become aware of the Holy Spirit working in their lives.
- Encourage the Christian habits of reading the Bible, praying, connecting with others in the faith, giving, and disciple-making.
- Provide a safe place for students to explore their questions and share their challenges in faith and in life.
- Develop a loving and supportive community where students and parents can have fun, be encouraged, and share spiritual experiences.
- Lead and encourage parents and volunteers in their role as the primary spiritual influences in children and young people’s lives and affirm them in that role.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Build relationships with youth.
- Recruit and develop relationships with parents/volunteer leaders.
- Create and advertise weekly bible studies, large groups, and other spiritual growth activities.
- Disciple Youth in Evangelism and Ministry
- Volunteer opportunities in the church
- Serving opportunities in the community
- Mission trips
- Evangelism opportunities
- Essential staff responsibilities
- Staff participation in the ministries of the church
- Continuing education
- Staff relationship building
- Help students to understand and embody the unique doctrine and practices of Methodism.
Education & Experience:
- Some college (preferred)
- 1-2 years of youth ministry leadership (as staff or volunteer)
- Proficiency with social media, AV equipment, and other technology necessary for youth ministry.