Kingdom One is partnered with a church that is rooted in Jesus to reach the world located in San Bernardino County to add a Youth Pastor for their High School ministry to their team!
We are looking for a youth pastor to provide spiritual leadership to the church primarily through the High School ministry. This youth pastor position will encourage students who are interested in the knowledge of God, and support them to develop their love for Him and for others. You will attend student functions at schools and home group events, grow relationships with the education community and provide students and their families with biblical counseling. You will also regularly collaborate with the Student Ministries team to maintain consistency, teamwork and shared values along with preparing and administering the high school ministry budget.
Youth Pastor Responsibilities:
- Plan & Facilitate weekly night youth group for high school students.
- Plan & Facilitate additional weekly discipleship opportunities for high school students.
- Write/ Adapt curriculum (small groups, summer discipleship programs, retreats, etc.).
- Develop student leader team.
- Recruit, train and shepherd volunteer ministry staff.
- Recruit, train and shepherd paid ministry staff (if applicable).
- Meet with students: counseling, relationship building.
- Meet with parents.
- Plan & Facilitate age appropriate events for middle school students:
- Outreach events
- Service opportunities
- Community building events
- Have local school campus involvement.
- Display Christ-like approach and lifestyle, and pray regularly for young people in the church and community.
Youth Pastor Requirements:
- Spiritual: An individual of growing spiritual maturity who demonstrates integrity and consistency as they live out their spiritual convictions. A positive role model that lives a life young people want to imitate.
- Person: An individual who displays personal maturity and who loves students and is able to work well with adults. Possesses a teachable spirit and a strong work ethic.
- Doctrinal: Bachelor's Degree required, Seminary not required.
- Ministry: Youth Ministry experience, preferably in a church context with 100 or more.
- Leadership: Someone who is a team builder, has the ability to attract, motivate, and involve kids. Also needs the ability to plan, administrate, delegate and supervise. Someone who can also recruit and build a cross-generational team.
If this sounds like you or something you would enjoy, we would love to hear from you!