COMPASSION CHRISTIAN CHURCH JOB DESCRIPTION
Student / College Age Pastor
East - Campuses & Generations (C&G)
Reports to: East Campus Pastor
To further the mission of the Church by overseeing and developing programs, ministry strategies, and service opportunities for a dynamic Student Ministry at the East Campus.
Skill Set of the Position
- Leader: Clarify the vision and direction of CCS at the East Campus
- Equipper: Effectively develop the CCS volunteer leaders
- Pastor: Ability to disciple, care for, guide and encourage
- Communicator: Engaging and effective
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
This job description is not meant to be an all-inclusive statement of every duty and responsibility that will be required of an employee in this position. Therefore, additional duties may be assigned.
Student Ministry (35 hours/ week approximately)
· Recruit, lead, evaluate and appreciate volunteers for all aspects of student ministry
· Oversee and execute special events for student ministry
· Promote and publicize ministry activities and events
· Maintain a safe and healthy environment in student ministry
· Lead evangelism efforts for student ministry, including community engagement
· Cast vision for student ministry at East Campus in coordination with the Central Student Director
· Implement centrally provided curriculum for student programming
College Age Ministry (15 hours/week approximately)
· Cast vision at the East campus in coordination with the Central College Director
· Recruit and train college ministry leaders and volunteers for ministry, events and groups
· Lead a college ministry weekly discipleship group as well as grow the number of groups annually at the campus
· Create “stickiness” with college-age adults and students monthly through social event and ministry opportunities
- Exhibits a meaningful and growing personal relationship with Jesus Christ
- Engages in a regular and ongoing (meeting at least monthly) accountability relationship with a staff partner or other approved person
- Recognizes that our work is important and deserves our very best
Conditions of Employment
- Models the Biblical standard of personal conduct and lifestyle
- Supports and adheres to the Mission, Vision, Values, and Philosophy of Ministry of CCC, including the CCC Statement of Faith
- Supports and adheres to the policies and procedures found in the CCC Employee Handbook
- Pastoral Staff must be active, participating members of Compassion Christian Church or be willing to become a member at the beginning of employment.
- Experience: Minimum of three (3) years’ experience as a leader in ministry or related environments specifically related to an area of oversight in Student ministry. Candidate must be tried and proven in ministry and have a passion to share Jesus. Must be a motivated and effective recruiter and manager of volunteers.
- Education: Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university. A degree from an accredited bible college with a major in biblical studies or a related field is preferred.
- Knowledge, skills, and gifts: Candidate must exhibit excellent leadership, organizational and interpersonal relational skills. Candidate must demonstrate a Christ-like attitude in words and actions, being able to work with a wide variety of people. Candidate must be able to problem solve, maintain and protect confidentiality, and have excellent written and verbal skills. Candidate must exhibit excellent computer knowledge, experience and proficiency with Microsoft Office applications.