Centre Union Church is in the process of searching Gods leading for an Associate Pastor for this growing and vibrant church. We are Located roughly 40 miles south east State College and roughly 60 miles north west of Harrisburg Pa. God has recently moved us to a new location in 2017 because of the rapid growth. We are now located in a small town called Yeagertown, in Mifflin County Pa. God has given us continued growth since our move in 2017 and we feel the necessity to add staff to our wonderful church. The Associate Pastor will assist the Senior Pastor to conduct the business of the church, promoting the vision of the church, and build and help facilitate the growth of the church in this community. The Associate Pastor needs to have strong relationship with Jesus Christ and his family. He needs to be self-motive and purpose driven with in this calling. He needs to know how to be spirit led and must be biblically qualified for this position. Our intent is to see this man growing in maturity with the Lord and is in for the longevity and eventually would replace the Senior Pastor at the end of his tenure. Our Pastor is Mid 50’s and feels it is time to seek Gods direction for the future of this church with this position.
· The ideal candidate would have to have experience in raising children and living out the Christian faith in the family setting. The candidate would also align with pastoral qualification stated in 1 Timothy 3:1-7. We would also desire if the candidate would be in the range of age between 35-45 years of age. This candidate would be willing to come at least one time, preach a Sunday morning service, and have a discussion time after the service with the congregation.
Position: Associate Pastor. This is a full- time salaried position with a minimum of 40 hours/week required. Defined office hours will be set and followed, with remaining hours flexible as needed.
· Must have at least 3 years serving at a church with the responsibilities that align with this current position.
· Must have a college degree minimum of Associate degree in Biblical studies and Hermeneutics.
· Must have demonstrated preaching and teaching gifts.
· Must be able to reach and connect with families that have children from the cradle to college.
· Must be committed to making and growing disciples of Jesus Christ.
· Must be in agreement with and be willing to sign the doctrinal statement of Centre Union Church which can be found on our website centreunion.church before being hired.
· Must be able to provide at three references from within the church and are not relatives of the candidate.
· Must be positive, patient, and friendly with a professional/pastoral attitude and demeanor.
· Must be a self-starter, able to anticipate needs without oversight and focus on the tasks at hand with efficient follow-through.
· This position will primarily be the oversight and development of families with children from the cradle to college. He will work to establish and encourage families through the years of child raising.
· He will support the Senior Pastor in planning and implementing the vision of the church.
· He should be able to provide Biblical counseling, prayer, and minister to people as needed by the Senior Pastor.
· Serve as an active member of the church congregation by attending services, life groups, and church events.
· He shall maintain a discipline life of worship with his own personal time of devotions that include Bible reading, prayer, fasting, and tithing.
· He must have a passion for ministering the Gospel of Jesus Christ to the lost and encouraging spiritual growth and development to the members of Centre Union Church.
· He will also share in the visitation responsibility for those who are sick and or in the hospital.
· Salary will be based on experience/education. The salary is one lump sum, and the candidate who is hired may distribute as he sees fit for his family.
· Two weeks’ vacation is given at the time of hire and if more time is needed due to family illness, we will take that into consideration and will work the Associate pastor through it.
Candidate must provide to the search committee:
· Resume with at least 3 references, family members are excluded
· Statement of Faith
· Sermon audio/video if available
Living Hope Community Church
Coalition For Christian Outreach
Petra Bible Fellowship
CrossPoint United Methodist Church
Bakersfield First Church of the Nazarene
Associate Pastor of Youth and Connection | Trinity Church
The Church at Alden Bridge
First Baptist Adel