The Chief Financial Officer is responsible for the financial and operational departments of Wooddale Church. This role stewards the God-given financial resources of Wooddale and invests those resources to realize the church’s mission and vision. This role oversees the financial systems, ensuring accurate, transparent, and efficient processes adhering to all GAAP. This role also serves as a financial coach to pastors and ministry leaders, coming alongside ministries to help them maximize their budget. This role will supervise several operational departments including facilities, IT, HR, accounting, and catering.
- Baccalaureate degree in accounting, finance, business, or economics. Masters of Business Administration preferred.
- Experience effectively managing multimillion dollar budgets and overseeing financial operations.
- Knowledgeable on GAAP and financial systems; non-profit experience desired.
- Experience overseeing financial audits and budgeting process for an organization.
- Strategic thinker who understands wise stewardship and maximizes opportunities.
- Proven capability to recruit, develop, and lead staff.
- Experience preparing reports for a board or senior level leadership.
- Operational experience in the areas of accounting, facilities, IT, data management, and/or HR.
- Previous experience or involvement with large church or multisite church.
- Approachable and acts as a coach for ministry leaders.
- Subscribe to and affirm the Statement of Faith and Covenant of Wooddale Church.
- Be a regular participant in public worship at Wooddale Church.
- Remain a member in good standing of Wooddale Church.
- Oversee and direct the finances of Wooddale Church, including campus budgets, investments, and campaigns.
- Lead support departments to ensure a constant and continuously improving state of operational effectiveness for all locations.
- Facilities: Ensuring facilities are up to date, presentable, and effective for all campus locations, including the church owned and operated coffee shops and Wooddale Academy.
- HR: Leading the HR department to be a strategic partner to executive leadership, setting culture and promoting a healthy place to work for all staff and pastors.
- Accounting: Creating financial systems that are efficient and accurate while maintaining a ministry centric mindset. Promoting financial transparency for contributors as well as creating easy to use systems to reduce barriers for those wishing to contribute to Wooddale.
- IT: Deploying IT equipment and systems across the church to help advance the reach and effectiveness of each ministry.
- Data, Event, and Volunteer Management: Ensuring smooth operational effectiveness with ease of use for all staff, volunteer, and guests for management of data, volunteers and data reporting.
- Develop a strategy that ensures financial growth and development of financial leader’s ministry.
- Support Executive and Senior Pastor in preparing board reports, financial dashboards, and presentations on financial health for the congregation.
- Create innovative investment opportunities, including legacy and estate giving programs.
- Oversee and strategize with leaders of revenue generating departments to help improve cash management, reduce expenses, and increase revenue.
WORK ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL DEMANDS
This job primarily operates in an office setting and will include using standard office equipment. The employee is regularly required to talk or hear and frequently required to stand, walk, use hands and reach with hands and arms. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
EXPECTED WORK HOURS & TRAVEL
- Typical schedule includes weekday hours as well as consistent weekend responsibilities.
- Evening, weekend, and extended hours as holiday and other events require.
- Requires the ability to occasionally commute to and work from other campuses, as needed.
- Reports to the Executive Pastor.
- Supervises support department heads.
- Works collaboratively and in partnership with the pastors and ministry leaders.
- Works with the Academy and other revenue generating departments.