About Capital West
- Capital West Christian Church is an Independent Christian Church born out of the Restoration Movement that exists to help people take their next step with Jesus.
- As we look at the great commission, we see that we are called to make disciples. That call exists both in adding new disciples and in deepening existing disciples’ relationship with Jesus. As such, our discipleship journey is never finished. Instead, we all have a next step to take, whether it be to confess our faith in Jesus for the first time, to be baptized, to connect in community, to serve, or to lead. Everyone has a next step to take.
- Because of that mission, we have chosen that CWCC will be known as a congregation who provides opportunities and atmospheres comfortable to people from all walks of life to embark on their journey of faith. To that end:
- We will create facilities that double as third space environments as a means to invite the community onto our campus
- We will focus on practical and technological relevance for redemptive purposes.
- We will unleash our members as servants and disciple-makers within our community through intentional partnerships and honoring gospel-centered creativity.
- In so doing, there will be a day when this city of government will be more heavily influenced by the Kingdom than it is by the state.
- At our core, we have a few guiding values that affect the ways in which we do ministry. They are as follows:
- CWCC is for JCMO - The sacrifice of Jesus compels the church to live “us for them,” not “us versus them.”
- Your next step matters more than the last one - Every follower of Jesus has a past. It’s not about where you start, it’s about where you finish.
- Culture Change Begins at home - Scripture reveals that faith and faithlessness are often passed down through generations, and research shows that the head of the household has the largest faith-impact of all its members. We are building a culture that encourages this generational passing of faith.
- Disciples B.L.E.S.S. their neighbors - The call to make disciples is not organizational, but personal. B.L.E.S.S. is an evangelistic acronym that empowers us all to live on mission.
- Begin with prayer
- Eat with
- Share the story
- As we intentionally bless our neighbors, we will propel the mission of Christ and his Church forward.
- Community grows strongest in small groups - LifeGroups and classes build natural opportunities for individuals to communicate about where they are, and where they sense God moving them to next. They connect us with other believers, and, as iron sharpens iron, they deepen our connection with Jesus as well.
Working at Capital West
- First and foremost, our staff is made up of brothers and sisters in Christ. That means we care for each other, and root each other on. We encourage each other. We enjoy each other.
- There are even moments where we all pour into the success of one of us, because everybody needs some help sometimes. We also hold each other accountable in work, in our volunteer relationships, and in our egos.
- We are all deeply-connected members of Capital West. We don’t just work here, we volunteer, we contribute financially and we build authentic relationships with other members here. The majority of our staff have worked here for over 20 years, with the exception of our Student and Senior Ministers having joined our staff within the past 12 months.
- We do not seek to hire a church rock star, but to hire a person who is looking for a congregation to serve, love, become deeply connected, and mature with. As such, our congregation cares deeply about us and our families as people. 2 • They pray for us. They randomly bless us with gifts. They ask how they can support our families as their own. No ministry is without difficult moments, but it is a true joy to serve the people who make up CWCC.
- Love for and full dedication to Jesus Christ.
- Strong biblical grounding in agreement with our statement of beliefs.
- A fun, friendly team player who:
- Sees the mission of the Church as more important than his or her role in the Church.
- Is prepared and timely
- Has excellent work ethic
- Wants to get involved in his or her church/community/neighborhood
- Is happy to help with other ministries of the church when needed
- Lifts others up
- Is looking for a long-term ministry, not a short-term resume builder
- Excellent people skills that build teams and encourage growth in team members.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- Deep desire for quality in both appearance and content.
- At least moderate Music Theory knowledge including the ability to read sheet music and chord charts.
- Vocal skill indicative of a primary worship leader.
- Preferred high level of skill with guitar or piano and the ability to clearly communicate with other instrumentalists.
- Willingness and capacity to deeply learn the following systems:
- Planning Center
- FOH Sound
- Ableton/Click Tracks
- Video Production for both Live Streaming and pre-recorded content.
PREFERRED, BUT NOT ESSENTIAL, EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field from a reputable Bible college
- Completed internship with a growing congregation
- Live sound experience
- Live video streaming experience
- Software/hardware knowledge as mentioned above.
Job Title: Worship Arts Minister
Supervisor Title: Senior Minister and Elders
Date Prepared: March 2021
- Ephesians 4:11-13. Develop a team that is fully qualified to serve the Lord by serving one another.
- Participate in all Staff and Board meetings to develop and implement the overall mission of the church.
- Identify, invite, mentor, and empower leaders to be a part of the Creative Arts ministry in all areas including pre-production, live-streaming, FOH sound/media/lights, and instrumentalists/ vocalists
- Coordination of all aspects of all weekend and special services. This includes communicating with individuals and teams serving both directly (communion meditation leader, band members, tech support, etc.) and indirectly. This responsibility includes, but is not limited to:
- Scheduling band and technical volunteers for each service.
- Communication of service plans to pastoral staff.
- Documentation of service notes in Planning Center.
- Preparation of click tracks and live keyboard layered sounds, as needed.
- Preparation of ProPresenter and other in-service video elements for each service.
- Addition of sheet music, chord charts, videos, and other practice/reference materials for songs in Planning Center at least 4-weeks ahead of the scheduled service.
- Providing technical support for ProPresenter presentation development to pastoral staff as needed.
- Serve as the Primary Worship leader, but also develop other worship leaders.
- Lead and mentor our Student Worship Team including practices and Student Ministry services.
- Work with key volunteers to develop and implement the Worship budget.
- Ensure that financial procedures are followed in your department.
- Pastor, Coach, and care for all volunteers. Take key leaders to other services, conferences and meetings that will help equip them for the work of the ministry.
- Communicate with other worship pastors and watch other church services to gain insight and develop ways to improve the effectiveness of the worship experience both online, and in-person.
- Take responsibility for the distribution of audio and video content to CWCC Website and social media platforms.
- Staff tech volunteers for essential funerals and weddings.
- Be available for summer camp/special events as needed.
- Be willing to lead in other environments as deemed necessary by the Senior Minister or Elders of CWCC
- Maintain God-ordained priorities in your life by putting Jesus Christ first, your spouse (if applicable) second, your children (if applicable) third and the ministry fourth.
- Be a servant leader, not a leader.
- Be an active member of CWCC - Join a LifeGroup, volunteer, give.
- Be loyal to the mission, staff, and elders of Capital West and always protect the unity of the church.
- Invest in the lives of our congregation through weddings, funerals, hospital and home visits, as well as other duties as designated by the Senior Minister and Elders.