Job Title: Youth Pastor
Position reports to: Lead Pastor and the Elders
Salary range: $45,000-50,000
Employment status: Full-Time/Non-Exempt
We are a Spirit-filled church located in the North Delaware region, and are on a search for a Pastor of Student Ministries with a genuine walk with and passion for Christ, excellent creativity and organizational skills, and a demonstrated passion to serve gospel-centered spirit-filled youth ministry at the church. Evangelism and Outreach are an integral part of our DNA.We are a multicultural, family-oriented, growing congregation of 375, and we exist to exalt Christ through anointed worship, preaching of the Word, building impactful friendships, and outreach. The Student Pastor will support this mission through oversight of all aspects of the Student ministry (12 to 18 year old) and support the church as a pastoral staff member. Parkview Assembly also has The Delaware Regional Dream Center as it's outreach arm to the community. A passion for local outreach and reaching into the public schools system is a plus.
· Develop a ministry that assists in bringing and building the students together in a loving, caring and trusting community by the power of the Holy Spirit.
· Make this a fellowship in which both social and spiritual needs can be met as young people commit themselves to the Lord.
· Attend scheduled staff meetings and assigned corporate prayer gatherings.
· Work on an annual schedule and review with the Lead Pastor
· Organize the weekly preparations of the assigned Youth Ministry location and have a weekly lesson plan for Sundays, Fridays or midweek services.
· Attend and assist in the planning of events inside and outside the church setting such as annual youth convention and other planned activities.
· Notify Lead Pastor well in advance of anticipated absences, when taking extended absences or when resigning this position.
· Attend training and/or orientation as assigned by the Lead Pastor.
· Assist in the ensuring a safe, spiritual environment for all participants.
· Work with Lead Pastor to set calendar, choose material that applies to Youth.
· Work with students ages 12 to 18 showing kindness, gentleness, friendliness and love, but having an edge.
· Fill out weekly Reports. Submissive to authority.
· Serves as after-hour pastoral support for church members if necessary.
· Ensures fiscal responsibility and adheres to departmental budget.
· Performs other duties the lead pastor requests. Able to complete assigned tasks.
· Proficient on social media, Word, and overall computer skills.
2-3 years experience in full-time ministry is absolutely necessary.
Job Skills Required
· A heart for and experience in all aspects for Youth, leading them to Salvation through the Baptism of the Holy Spirit.
· Active member and leader with strong commitment to the vision of the church.
· Excellent communication skills & relationship building with the lead pastor.
· A heart for developing others and ability to give direction
· Experience in a church setting a must. (2-3yrs)
Please email your resume and any other essentials that are relevant.
IE: Preaching videos, & references
Real Life Church
Philadelphia Baptist Church
The Episcopal Church of St. Peter & St. Paul