Director of Communication Job Description
We are seeking a strong Christian individual with experience and knowledge to oversee and implement an overall strategy for communicating the mission and ministries of Mount Vernon Baptist Church with church members and the community. This position will be supervised by the Senior Pastor but will work with every ministry leader to successfully communicate their areas in print and electronically.
Hours Requirement: 40 hours/week, salaried, exempt
Salary: From $55,000
Supervised by: Senior Pastor
- Bachelor’s Degree in communications, marketing, graphic design or similar area of study.
- 5+ years of experience in the communications or design field.
- Strong design and writing skills.
- Able to work under pressure and on short deadlines; desire to “get the job done”.
- Able to prioritize and follow through on projects.
- General Knowledge and expertise in Adobe Create Suite and Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience with Web-based design programs (website & email)
- Detail oriented and highly organized.
- Good people skills.
- Punctual and reliable.
- Willingness to work under the direction of other leaders.
- Be able to work on a team and individually.
- Constantly think outside the box.
- Provide communications support for all church staff & ministries.
- Manage the development, distribution and maintenance of all print files, digital files, website, church app, street sign, lobby screens, email platform, and some tech elements used throughout the church.
- Create content and increase target audience engagement on all social media platforms.
- Distribute and answer communication generated from church website and social media platforms.
- Project management related to all communication needs.
- Research assistance, data gathering, fact checking.
- Manage relationships with communication-related vendors, media contacts or consultants.
- Meet weekly with the Ministers’ Staff.
- Create and implement new initiatives and strategies.
- Other duties as assigned by the Senior Pastor.