“The purpose of this position is to lead our local church as one of the elders, to be part of the regular preaching rotation, to offer healing to the body through counseling, to oversee the shepherding of the body, to organize and oversee the ministries to best equip our body for service, and to stimulate the church to outreach.”
Biblical Reference: “So Christ himself gave the apostles, the prophets, the evangelists, the pastors and teachers, to equip his people for works of service, so that the body of Christ may be built up until we all reach unity in the faith and in the knowledge of the Son of God and become mature, attaining to the whole measure of the fullness of Christ” (Eph 4: 11-13)
Responsible to: Elder Board
Length of Service: Open
Education: Four-year degree, preferably Seminary
Minimum Giftings, Character Traits, and Competencies:
· Preaching – Providing and supplementing the accurate preaching of the Word of God at Open Door.
· Administration – Using administration gifts to help organize and equip the body for effectively carrying out good works and service.
· Counseling – Using counseling gifts to offer healing and restoration within the body and community.
· Teaching - Using teaching gifts for bible studies, seminars, training sessions, as well as to help equip other teachers.
· Doctrinal Agreement - Alignment with theology, core values, and culture of Open Door.
· Character - Godly character in accordance with 1 Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus 1:5-9.
· Leadership - Serving as one of the Elders to provide vision and leadership to Open Door to help carry out our mission.
Additional Personal Characteristics, Competencies, and Gifts which will help carry out purpose:
· Good Communicator - Able to listen, speak and write effectively
· Humble - Able to accept feedback, give God the credit and serve with a humble spirit
· Work Ethic - Able to be self-disciplined, resourceful, and committed
· Team Fit– Good chemistry and alignment with our existing team
· Discipleship - Demonstrated ability to help others take their next steps towards a passionate relationship with God
· Financial Responsibility – Able to be a good steward with resources and come with minimal debt
· Shepherding - Possess strong relational skills for building trusted relationships in both the church and community
· Outreach - Has a passion and experience for reaching unchurched, de-churched, and post-Christians.
If you are interested in applying for the position, submit a COVER LETTER, RESUME, and PREACHING/TEACHING SAMPLE to [email protected].
• Cover letter should not be more than one page.
• Preaching/Teaching samples must be in a digital format (i.e., links to videos, clips, YouTube postings, podcasts, etc.)
Please do not contact the church directly.
Philadelphia Baptist Church
The Chapel Baton Rouge
Mulberry Baptist Church
First Methodist Monroe
Bakersfield First Church of the Nazarene
Associate Pastor of Youth and Connection | Trinity Church
Petra Bible Fellowship
The Church at Alden Bridge
First Baptist Adel