Our team of Pastoral Support Specialists support our pastors, by serving as the first contact for callers, offering support and prayer.
The environment is high energy, fast-paced and fast-changing. If you love praying with others and bringing encouragement into people’s lives, this might be the position for you!
We have full time and part time openings (a variety of shifts available).
*Must be able to work holidays as needed.
This position is based onsite in Rocklin, CA.
As a Pastoral Support Specialist, here are a few things you'd be doing...
- Answer pastoral phone calls and complete initial intake and assessment. (on average about 40 calls/day)
- Screen for appropriate support based on caller communication.
- Pray with listeners without counseling, advising or rebuking.
- Provide caller resources to assist.
- From a pastoral support perspective, respond to email, social media and other communication from listeners using brand voice and identity.
- Specifically, demonstrate an understanding of scripture by including appropriate verses in responses; demonstrating the different tone that accompanies the Air1 voice vs. K-LOVE.
- Provide crisis call screening and follow-up to all incoming communication channels, working closely with the ministry pastoral team.
Here's what we're looking for...
- Minimum of an Associates degree in biblical studies, theology, psychology or equivalent.
- Minimum 2 years of hands on ministry required. Experience with counseling, social work and or personal coaching a plus.
- Demonstrate a knowledge of Christian/Biblical approach to spiritual care services.
- Must be able to demonstrate discernment on spiritual issues and have excellent listening skills.
- Demonstrated understanding and knowledge of ministry & scripture.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong computer skills; knowledge of Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Outlook), in addition to Social Media forums and smart devices.
- Minimum keyboard speed of 45 WPM.
- Ability to multi-task inbound/outbound calls, verbal/written communication, moving forward with accuracy and excellence. Exhibits versatility and flexibility.
- Currently residing in the Rocklin/Sacramento area.
Click here to APPLY NOW!