Riverway is a non-denominational church that began in 2011. Our passion is community involvement and outreach to see people find and follow Jesus. We are looking for a Kids & Family Pastor who is skilled at managing, organizing, and leading. This person should be passionate about people finding Jesus and enjoy ministering to kids. This person also needs to have a very outgoing personality, highly relational, able to multi-task, and a visionary to keep our kids ministry relevant and growing.
We are a portable church that meets at Champlin Park High School and "pre-covid" ran about 150-200 kids and volunteers each Sunday morning.
This role can expect to work 40-45 hours per week (including Sundays) and is a full-time, salaried position. This person would report directly to the Lead Pastor.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- This role is responsible for all ministries for Riverway Kids birth-5th grade, along with their families, and becomes the “face” that Riverway sees as a whole.
- Must be extroverted in personality and passionate about serving kids and families.
- Lead the way in all vision casting, goal setting, innovation, and excellence. Our goal is to have a fun and engaging program that will help kids build a relationship with Jesus and other kids their age.
- This role would recruit and oversee all volunteers including their training, encouragement, scheduling, and communication. This would include having the right volunteers in the right spot based on gifts and abilities, as well as oversee all measures of security and background checks.
- Oversee all set up of Sunday morning environments, oversee volunteers, classrooms, and maintain a smooth check-in process for parents on Sunday morning.
- Using Orange curriculum, provide necessary resources for all classrooms and teachers each week.
- Provide community events like Easter Egg Factory, VBS Sports Camp, Parent growth opportunities, etc. to the church and community.
- Writing and creating all systems for consistency, clarity, and excellence.
- Create special events and small groups each semester to strengthen families & build relationships.
- Provide an offering of summer kids camps at Trout Lake Bible Camp.
- Other various Riverway tasks and support. (15% of job)
- Bachelor’s degree or seminary training preferred; or a combination of education and experience
- Ministry experience with proven leadership skills
- Strong communication skills both verbal and interpersonal
- Must meet Biblical qualifications for pastoral leadership
- Ability to work in a strong team environment
- Must have a good sense of humor and like to have FUN!! We take God seriously, but ourselves not so much!