Its volunteer until can starting paying
Rising Hope Neighborhood Church is seeking a children's Director. See the job description below for details. Applications (Resume and 1 letter of recommendation) must be submitted both via our email
To serve as a staff member within a vibrant congregation, working with a committed staff and gifted lay leadership in order to nurture children, from birth through 5th grade and their family, in the love and grace of Jesus Christ.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Recruit, train, and coordinate workers for Rising Hope Kids Ministry classes and events, worship services, and Rising Hope Kids programs.
- Work cooperatively with all staff and volunteers.
- Provide a warm, friendly, and learning environment for children and families.
- Uses appropriate child development knowledge to best meet the needs of Rising Hope Neighborhood Church children in curriculum selection, child discipline, classroom grouping, etc. Communicates the needs of the Rising Hope Kids program to other staff and church leaders as appropriate. Organizes, sets-up, and stocks classrooms with necessary supplies.
- Coordinates sanitation and safety protocols for Rising Hope Kids Ministry.
- Works with Buildings and Grounds for repairs.
- Visits classes for the purpose of evaluation and teacher support in order to address any issues or emergencies that arise. Teaches classes as needed.
- Coordinates and provides leadership in developing and implementing a young family outreach ministry focused on children’s activities.
- Assists Senior and Associate Pastors in visiting young church families involved in Rising Hope Kids Ministry as requested; to consult with parents regarding an issue with their child, and to refer to certified counselors as appropriate.
- Attends monthly CM Team meetings, weekly staff meetings, and attend monthly Session meetings.
- Participates in the Rising Hope Kids Ministry Team annual budget estimating process.
- Coordinates childcare for Rising Hope Kids services and events.
- Participates in the life and worship of the Congregation.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Head of Staff that contribute to the administration and life of the Church.