We are currently looking to hire an exemplary full-time Youth Pastor to lead and guide our church's Teen ministry. The Youth Pastor will be charged with leading the teens to answer the call to come to Christ in salvation and fellowship. He will help the teens grow their faith through discipleship. He will also encourage teens to go and discover their giftedness and minister according to the same. He will challenge the teens to go and fulfill God’s mission for their life and impact their world. You will attend student functions at schools and home school events, grow relationships with the education community and provide students and their families with biblical counseling.
To be successful in this position, you will need to provide students with a place to belong that gives them the courage to be different and resilient to unhealthy peer pressure. Ideal candidates should have a proficient understanding of the challenges facing young people and be compassionate toward the struggles of teenagers.
Youth Pastor Responsibilities:
- Attending and participating in staff meetings.
- Overseeing, growing and coordinating church's youth ministry.
- Designing, overseeing and examining curriculum for all programs, events and classes.
- Teaching weekly mid-week and Sunday school lessons to the teens.
- Leading middle and high school students to encourage their spiritual growth.
- Planning and organizing annual teen summer camp, as well as other retreats and social activities for the teens.
- Interacting with students during Sunday services.
- Developing positive relationships with students and their parents.
- Sharing program plans through social media.
- Displaying Christ-like lifestyle and praying regularly for young people in the church and community.
- Incorporating youth into various church ministries for His use.
- Growing students who are interested in the knowledge of God and His Word.
- Oversee Wednesday night Middle School Awana TREK program.
- Willingly participate in other needed areas of ministry as assigned by the senior pastor.
- Attend and participate in all Sunday morning and evening services, church functions, conferences, and prayer meetings.
Youth Pastor Requirements:
- Evident relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Bachelor's degree in theology, biblical studies, youth ministry, or equivalent.
- Firm belief in the word of God (Authorized Version) as the absolute final authority in all matters of life and practice.
- Previous youth ministry experience (as volunteer or paid staff).
- A diligent relationship with the scriptures in terms of reading, meditation, memorization, and study.
- Proficient understanding of challenges and needs of young people.
- Excellent computer skills and proficiency with social media.
- Outstanding communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Affinity for young people.
- Ability to lead by example.
- Ability to organize and lead a volunteer staff.