About FBC: We are an established evangelical church in beautiful Benicia, CA. You’ll see that this town is one of the best kept secrets of the Bay Area! We are a small church of around 200 people. Our mission is to see lives transformed by the gospel of Jesus Christ for the glory of God and the good of our world! We are a gospel-centered, Bible teaching church with a heart for our city.
To further our mission we are seeking a candidate to:
Lead the Student Ministry of FBC so that students (6th-12th grade) are transformed by the gospel of Jesus Christ and prepared to faithfully follow Jesus throughout their lives. This candidate must be someone who is both a missionary(loves the lost) and a shepherd (loves the found.)
Lead the Worship Ministry of FBC so that God is glorified and people are blessed as we celebrate the gospel through quality, engaging corporate worship. Rather than a performer, we are seeking someone who can lead others in worship, inviting the congregation to join in as we make much of Jesus together.
Character and Heart
· Trusts in Jesus as Lord and Savior and faithfully follows him
· Models what it means to love God and others
· Displays a humble heart and teachable spirit
· Exhibits a clear love for students and families
· In agreement with the Doctrinal Statement of FBC and committed to abide by the Constitution of FBC
· In line with the mission, vision, and values of FBC
· Has a minimum of a bachelor’s degree
· *Preferably has relevant theological education in addition
· Able to effectively teach the Bible
· Relationally gifted and able to meet students where they are
· Skilled in administration and strategic leadership (planning, equipping others)
· Able to skillfully lead and develop our musicians and band
· Able to sing and lead worship from a guitar or keyboard/piano
· Physically able to engage in activities with students
· Able to motivate and grow a team
Essential Duties- Student Ministry
· Be the primary Bible teacher for our weekly MS/HS youth group (two separate groups
· Design a small group structure for youth group so students can interact and discuss the Bible/weekly teaching
· Spend several hours each week with students, reaching out through visits, texts/social media, and on campus opportunities
· Plan and execute monthly student events to build community and reach non-believers
· Help students take next steps to grow in areas of worship, connect, grow and go
o This includes reading their Bibles, coming to group, sharing their faith, leadership development, serving the community, etc.
· Build a ministry team to serve with you, recruiting and training these volunteers to minister to our students
· Plan out the year strategically considering events, camps, calendar, and budget.
· Care for the student ministry families through prayer, casting vision, and equipping parents to lead in their homes
Essential Duties- Worship Ministry
· Lead our congregation in weekly worship with a presence that conveys both the weight and joy of the moment
· Be responsible for the production of our livestream or prerecorded online service (either doing it personally or through volunteer team)
· Help plan the flow of the Worship Service with the Lead Pastor, thinking through the Call to Worship, song selections, Scripture readings, times of prayer, communion, etc.
· Lead special services throughout the year like Good Friday, Christmas Eve, etc.
· Coach and prepare our band to play their parts well
· Lead our worship team by: adding new members, developing current members in their skills/gifting, creating a sense of belonging and joy in serving together, pastorally caring for the team
· Coordinate with our Music Director to prepare music and any necessary preparations for Sunday mornings
· Plan band rehearsals as necessary to improve the team’s cohesion and Sunday AM preparedness
· Lead our necessary volunteer teams related with worship: slides, sound board, etc.
Essential Duties Related to Both
· Be present and involved on Sunday mornings as outlined above
· Participate in weekly staff meetings and special planning meetings as needed
· Keep the pastor and board up to date on happenings in Student Ministry
· Work in conjunction with the Lead Pastor and board to adjust policy and strategy as needed.
Along with your resume, please submit a teaching sample and worship leading sample to [email protected]
San Diego Calvary Korean Church
Westminster Presbyterian Church
Trinity United Presbyterian Church
Pathway Community Church
Shadow Hills Presbyterian Church
Philadelphia Baptist Church
The Episcopal Church of St. Peter & St. Paul
First Baptist Church Pine Castle
Living Hope Community Church