Connecting people to God through a growing relationship with Jesus Christ.
Connecting people to each other in an authentic Christian community.
Connecting the church to the world to be salt & light.
- Pre-Covid we averaged 500 - 550 on a Sunday.
- Currently we run between 550 - 620 a Sunday. (online services, online youth and children’s programming).
- Has a deep faith in Jesus and is actively pursuing to grow and mature in their faith.
- Embraces the vision of Hope Church and the vision of Hope’s Youth Ministry to connect students to God, to each other, and to the world.
- Has a team mindset, understanding no ministry can be done alone. Hope Youth is heavily team oriented.
- Is excited about engaging, equipping, encouraging, and leading multiple teams of volunteers
- Understands the spiritual/psycho/social development of middle school and high school students
- Understands the value and importance of relationships in small groups as a vehicle for growth for students.
- Enjoys creating new/different experiences for students
- Has strong relational and communication skills
- Believes in the unique value of every student who is a part of Hope Youth regardless of race, gender, identity, or status.
- Has prior experience leading youth ministry
- Takes initiative in recruiting volunteers
- Provides regular programming for students in 6-12th grades.
- Provide growth opportunities through small groups and retreats.
- Provide creative and engaging invite events to welcome students and their friends
- Provide service opportunities through local service, mission trips, etc.
- Be able to use tools to regularly communicate to students where they are (Instagram, Text/Remind), Parents (Email, Facebook, Remind), and Volunteers (Slack, Text, Email)
- Encourages consistent student/leader connection
- Provide support to students/families/volunteers regularly as well as in times of need.
- Invests in personal and professional growth as a ministry leader
- Works with the Kids Ministry director to creates bridge programs between elementary and middle school students
- Consistently evaluates the youth ministry to determine how to pivot and adjust to maximize effectiveness and never be settled with the “same old same old” or status quo.
*We understand that some of these responsibilities (i.e. mission trips, retreats, large invite events, etc.) may be limited due to the current worldwide pandemic.
We would expect a focus on building relationships with volunteers, students, parents, and staff. We at Hope believe that relationships are paramount to all that we do. We believe that youth ministry is an incarnational ministry and the youth director/pastor needs to be able to meet students where they are.
Hope is led by strong leaders who empower others to lead ministries. We do not work in silos. We celebrate each other’s victories and support each other in any way we can. The facilities, finances, and every other resource is available in whatever capacity possible to further ministry. Our Executive Pastor is here to make sure that every ministry has everything they need to succeed. We have a large support staff to assist in that endeavor as well. It's a uniquely healthy mindset and culture here. The direct supervisor to the Youth Director/Pastor is the Pastor of Family Ministries. They will meet weekly to help vision, support, set goals, and troubleshoot. We truly approach everything with a team mentality.
The Youth Director would have their own work area (cubicle or office). They would have all the resources of the church available to them at any given time.
Top Ministry Responsibilities:
- Recruits, trains, and leads volunteers
- Develops programming for students in 6-12th grades.
- Provides growth opportunities for spiritual growth
- Provides creative and engaging invite events to welcome students and their friends
- Provides service opportunities through local service, mission trips, etc.
Top Spiritual Gifts and Skills Needed
- Leadership, Faith, Integrity/Character, Relational Intelligence (EQ), Actually likes teenagers
- An entrepreneurial attitude
- Experience leading others
- Experience with students in 6th-12th grades
- A team mentality
- Passion for equipping students to know and walk with Jesus
- A bachelor’s degree in a related field