Worship Pastor - Multisite Director
Summary of Role
The Worship Pastor provides vision, leadership, and direction for all music, production, and service programming across the church to create moments for people to meet with God, with a priority of developing leaders and teams across locations.
This is a Central role, averaging 45 hours per week, and reports to the Executive Pastor - Creative.
We think church should be fun, meaningful, and make a difference in your life. Our name, Epic, represents our vision: to see every person in the city know Jesus. We’re a growing multisite, non-denominational church, meeting online and at 5 physical locations in and around Philadelphia. We are #ForPhilly and fully committed to loving our city well.
Our music and worship experiences are a big part of that. We love to create moments where people can meet with God. We believe that just one moment in God’s presence can change everything.
Here’s a playlist to check out our music and get an idea of our flavor.
We look forward to getting to know you. We believe the Church should be the most creative place on the planet. With that in mind, we hire people with a high level of vision and leadership ability, as well as technical skills.
You'll thrive with us if you:
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Love the creative process, value collaboration, and respond well to feedback.
- Dream about opportunities to communicate in creative ways.
- Are a dependable team player with a willingness to dive in and give it your all.
- Believe that the mission of the church to see people find hope and life through Jesus is worth giving your life to.
- Are a continual learner: Always improving and finding better ways to use the latest tech and tools.
This is what we hope you would bring to the table:
- Provide vision and leadership for Epic MSC to create online content and live worship experiences across multiple locations.
- Musical expertise and experience, both vocal and instrumental, that fits Epic MSC.
- Proficiency in creating music with Ableton and other software tools.
- Know how to “feel a room” and create powerful moments.
- Great attitude and commitment to excellence.
This is what you’ll spend the most time on...
Provide strong leadership and direction for Epic MSC in worship services, recordings, original music, music videos, and other creative means.
- Develop Location Worship Directors and Music Directors to effectively lead their teams in excellence and consistency, and train team members in Epic MSC standards and values.
- Manage scheduling, rosters, recruiting, auditions, onboarding and training.
- Oversee the operation, maintenance, standardization, and purchasing of all worship department equipment for all locations.
- Build strong teams that create excellent experiences at worship services, online experiences, and other church events in the areas of audio, video, lighting, media, and video broadcasting.
- Develop Location Production Directors to effectively lead their teams in excellent production quality, and train team members in Epic Production standards and values.
- Establish processes and systems that help team members create a consistently high-quality experience and ensure they are being executed with excellence.
- Lead the Broadcast Director to create an excellent video broadcast experience across all locations.
- Develop high-quality audio engineers that consistently create a great audio experience.
- Oversee the operation, maintenance, standardization, and purchasing of all production department equipment for all locations.
- Plan and program all services in collaboration with our Lead Pastor, Location Pastors, and Creative Director.
- Manage scheduling of team members, hosts, and pastors needed for services.
- Oversee preparation of all media elements needed for live services (Service plan, Pro-Presenter displays, creative assets, lyrics, etc).
- Lead evaluation of all services and related events.
- Participate in Creative Team Meetings.