MARKETING & COMMUNICATIONS MANAGER
Location: Santa Monica / Trinity
Payroll Status: Full - time Mon - Fri (40-50 hrs/ week)
The Marketing Communications Manager at Vintage Church is primarily responsible for overseeing all aspects of media and communication for the church including ministry campaigns, web, publications, signs, media, social media and video. This person will work with the Creative and Production Director in planning, coordinating, implementing, and embracing ownership of a comprehensive Marketing/Communications strategy.
- Develop and implement marketing/communication annual plans and strategies.
- Supervise the marketing team, including hiring, training, workloads, schedules and deadlines
- Develop and manage marketing budgets
- Oversee the operation of the church website and other media platforms and provide analytics review
- Set measurable KPIs along with optimization strategy for effective campaign results.
- Educate pastoral staff members on communication or marketing issues and processes related to their church.
- Ensure an effective, relevant and creative flow of information across the church, including website, social media, email, newsletter etc
- Work with the design team and contractors to create branding and style guides and ensure compliance across all communication media.
- Create creative, innovative and relevant marketing and communication campaigns to drive the ministries of Vintage both within its community and outside the church.
- Use media to share stories of what is happening in the church and people’s lives.
- Use data, analytics and other research platforms to create marketing/communication that drives the ministries of the church.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, communications, or related field.
- 2-5 years experience in marketing, digital marketing and communications
- Up to speed with current and online marketing techniques and best practices, specifically in the church context.
- Thorough knowledge of web analytics (e.g. Google Analytics, WebTrends etc.) and Google Adwords
- Strong copywriting skills.
- Analytical and creative thinking
- Constantly making data-driven decisions about how to spend time and resources
- Willing to look at your existing systems and determine what needs to be changed.
- Able to develop plans and implement changes in ways that stick.
- Strong proactive leadership skills
- Attention to detail.
- Excellent leadership and organizing skills
- Professional and proactive work ethic.