Our purpose is to glorify God by the preaching of the truth of the Bible, proclaiming Christ, loving people, and making disciples. It is also our objective to maintain a bible teaching church and a testimony for the proclamation of the Gospel.
JOB DESCRIPTION: Family Pastor at Community Bible Church.
The primary responsibilities of the Family Pastor will be to lead and equip the family at Community Bible Church to do the work of the ministry. This person is directly accountable to the Senior Pastor.
1. Have a strong relationship with Jesus.
2. Have a strong godly character.
3. Have a strong desire for the next generation to know the truth of God’s Word and live it.
4. Proficiency to oversee music ministry and give direction and guidance to the Sunday morning worship service.
5. Ability to lead, develop, and work with people of all ages, with an emphasis on youth.
6. Be willing to establish and execute the long-term vision for developing a family ministry plan.
RESPONSIBILITIES (not limited to but includes):
1. Continue to grow and mature as a godly person of integrity. Pursue being a Christ follower so that he can model and mentor what that is to those around him.
2. Provide leadership, vision, and passion for Community Bible Church, the youth and worship ministries that are in line with the overall vision, purpose and mission of Community Bible Church.
3. Coordinate with the Senior Pastor to create and lead-well planned and engaging Sunday morning worship services.
4. Prepare and lead youth ministry which would include:
· Teach youth Sunday school 6th grade – 12th grade.
· Teach and lead mid-week or Sunday night youth group (the night of the week is flexible).
· Plan and lead monthly youth activities and possible summer mission trip either local or foreign.
· Help equip families/parents to help them better disciple their children.
· Recruit and meet regularly with youth staff 5. Oversee the music ministry. Preparation includes:
· Consulting with the pastor to coordinate the music for all the services.
· Printing lyrics for singers and chord sheets for instrumentalists.
6. Attend monthly board meetings with the rest of the leadership to pray for the church body and discuss the business of the church.
7. He (family) must be willing to become a member of Community Bible Church and be in full agreement with our statement of faith.
8. It is anticipated that the duties associated with this position will take approximately 40 - 50 hours per week.
First Baptist Church
Greenwich Presbyterian Church
Lake Tapps Christian Church
Radford Baptist Church
Harlem Road United Methodist Church