Objective: To equip and counsel youth and youth families among us (primarily 6th-12th grade related) in Christ-centered biblical ministry. Shepherd, instruct, evangelize, pray with and for, counsel, provide discipleship resources and do everything possible to bring youth and their families up to their full maturity in Christ.
The Youth and Family Pastor at New Covenant Church reports to the Senior Pastor. This is a full-time position (40+ hours).
Competencies and Characteristics
1. Be a man who seeks to love God with all his heart, mind, soul and strength and his neighbor as himself and demonstrates a calling from God to disciple others to do the same. He knows his example of love and outreach is an essential tool in the sanctification of the body of Christ. He understands and supports the mission of our church to love God and man wholeheartedly through exaltation, evangelism and edification.
2. He has an enduring commitment to being a faithful responsible member of New Covenant Church as one of her strong leaders, passionate worshipers, Sabbath keepers and saints-stimulator.
3. He has a reputation for moral integrity and the ability to control his tongue, letting no unwholesome word proceed out of his mouth, but only such words as build up the church staff and church members. He pursues the holiness and purity of God intensely while embracing the sinners and saints of God for their edification.
4. He is a man who lives to shepherd the wandering sheep of God, always encouraging them to greater conformity to the image of Christ.
5. He provides public loyalty to other church leaders and seeks to be a strong team servant for the growth and expansion of God’s kingdom among us.
6. He is a man of prayer (public and private), devoted to God’s word and his church. He is a generous giver, giving to the church out of the overflow of his gratefulness to Christ. The word of God richly dwells within him as his only infallible rule for faith and practice.
7. He has a minimum education of an undergraduate degree with an emphasis in Biblical Studies and five years of youth and family ministry experience that gives evidence to this being his current calling.
8. A present commitment to or willingness to adopt the Westminster Confession of Faith together with the Larger and Shorter Catechisms as containing the system of doctrine taught in the Holy Scriptures.
9. Successful completion of the Teacher/Leaders Evaluation Form available at ncchurch.net, used for all teachers at New Covenant Church.
10. As to team development, he is able to recruit, build and nurture volunteer teams to serve our youth and church.
11. Skill and passion for leading church youth, guests and members into small groups and ministries of the church.
12. Vision, purpose and drive beyond the walls of the Church and the maintenance of present church ministries to win more and more to Christ with the grace that only God can provide.
13. Conviction in God’s current calling, to labor in the area of Youth and Family Ministries with zeal for the glory of the Lord.
14. He is able to provide overall Christ-like care for people, able to resolve unexpected matters, able to plan and follow through on multiple assignments with attention to details, and able to work with weekly deadlines.
15. A demonstrated commitment to the philosophy of ministry which promotes the exercise of the spiritual gifts from every member of the body of Christ. Ability to engage and lead adult lay-ministers.
16. He has a positive, flexible, teachable spirit, a good sense of humor, is dependable, responsible, self-motivated and a creative self-starter.
17. He has a commitment to maintaining self-discipline in personal habits, along with exemplary management of financial affairs which brings no shame to Christ or his church.
18. Exemplary opposite sex relationships in keeping with the biblical criteria for a church leader.
19. He has excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills; ability to organize and administer information using computers and other technologies; and ability to develop them further as needed.
20. He is willing to commit multiple years, Lord willing, to this position.
1. Function as the primary pastor for the Youth and Family Ministry of New Covenant Church; and as a steward of the larger vision and mission of the church of which Youth and Family Ministry is a part.
2. Oversee a planned ministry to Junior and Senior High Families (6th through 12th grade related) through Bible studies, one-on-one discipleship, mid-week meetings, mission projects, recreation, camps, retreats, etc.
3. Provide youth with instruction in the Bible, practical application of biblical principles, guidance in the development of personal commitment to Christ, and encouragement in the development of biblical standards for living.
4. Recruit and provide training if necessary, to Sunday morning Discipleship Class teachers for 6th grade to 12thgrade ensuring proper doctrinal evaluation of each. Obtain elder approval of the Discipleship Classes offered and the instructors involved prior to each quarter.
5. Make appropriate use of recreation camps, retreats, and other outings and secure sufficiently mature and able counselors and chaperons for youth ministry events.
6. Develop close interaction with parents and families of youth, involving and supporting these families in ministry where appropriate.
7. Be available to visit and counsel with youth and parents, as needed for discipleship, and in crisis situations.
8. Utilize and develop a Parent Ministry Team to assist in all areas of ministry as necessary, especially appropriate family involvement in youth ministry.
9. Regularly keep the entire NCC family informed of youth ministry opportunities for the growth and health of the whole church.
10. Implement, maintain and oversee NCC safety and protection policies for all youth ministries.
11. Recognizing the great harvest field for conversion growth among youth, implement fruitful strategies for reaching lost youth for Christ.
12. Seek to maintain the principles of church discipline found in Matthew 18:15-20 and receive no accusations or unedifying remarks of any kind against an elder or deacon in the church except on the basis of two or three witnesses (1Tim.5:19).
13. Schedule and seek approval of all vacation days, sick days and personal days through the Senior Pastor.
14. Other duties as required.
Annual Salary is commensurate with experience, education, and credentials ($45,000.00 to $70,000.00 range). Also included are health, life and disability insurance, three weeks paid vacation, cell phone allowance, discipleship ministry allowance, and an annual week of Continuing Education with financial allowance.
1. Annual Salary & Housing Allowance . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. $ TBD
a. Insurance: FICA, Medical, Life & Disability
b. Vacation: 3 weeks paid per year
3. Annual Allowances:
a. Staff ministry allowance: $1,500.00
b. Telephone allowance: $800.00
c. All expenses associated with conferences or church related event travel
Continuing Education expenses: $1,500.00
East Side Baptist Church
St. John's United Methodist Church
St. Andrew's City Church
Real Life Church
Philadelphia Baptist Church
The Episcopal Church of St. Peter & St. Paul