To lead the church body and staff to carry out the mission and vision of Longmont Calvary.
Key Roles as a lead pastor
- Or the equivalent experience
- A demonstrated lifestyle consistent with the Biblical qualification of an elder as set forth in 1 Timothy 3 and Titus 1
- Ensure consistent messaging from the pulpit
- Primary communicator and implementer of the church’s vision
- Primary leadership developer
- Ensure that the Scriptures are taught in a way that reflects their authority and inspiration during sermons, classes, adult & children Sunday School & Bible studies & small groups. Teach roughly two thirds of the time and allow associates to teach the word to ensure a Biblical plurality of voices
- Implement the vision for the congregation of Longmont Calvary and the surrounding communities.
- Lead the staff through appropriate direction, supervision, evaluation, counsel, care and accountability.
- Provide development and mentoring of the staff to encourage spiritual growth, leadership and continued development of their ministries
- Ensure policies for leading the staff and volunteer workers are created and in alignment with Calvary governance policies and by-laws.
- Responsible for hiring ministry staff and ensuring appropriate volunteer positions are filled.
- Serve Longmont Calvary as an elder, with joint responsibility of directing, protecting and enabling the ministries of Longmont Calvary.
- Serve Longmont Calvary as the Lead Pastor, responsible for leading, managing and accomplishing the ministries of Longmont Calvary.
- Abide by all policies set forth by the Council of Elders.
- As a voting member of the Council of Elders, oversee the spiritual needs of the body and the integrity of the ministry as it relates to Longmont Calvary’s purpose and values.
- Accountable to the Council of Elders
- Oversight of finance committee with oversight of church financials
- Maintain consistent Christian testimony, stay fresh in relationship with Christ, effectively manage household and creative in ministry.
- Build relational, spiritual and professional trust with other elders and staff.
- Equipping the saints (body and staff) to carry out the mission of Longmont Calvary.
- Full agreement with the doctrinal statement of Longmont Calvary
- Follow the Longmont Calvary Constitution and By-laws
- Emphasis on corporate and individual prayer
Education and Experience
- Masters of Divinity degree from an accredited Evangelical seminary or equivalent.
- Ordained minister
- At least 5 years of pastoral experience