TITLE: Director of Children’s Ministries
PURPOSE: The Director of Children’s Ministries is a counselor, teacher, pastor, and friend to the families of our church. He/she oversees ministries related to children and families.
To accomplish this, the Director strives to:
• Love our children and be motivated to share faith in Christ with them.
• Inspire our children to love God for who He is.
• Teach children about who God is by reading the scriptures.
• Inspire children to love the church, and their neighbor. • Develop a fun and interactive program of fellowship, music, and Bible-based Christian education for grades 6 and below. Due to current circumstances (COVID-19), this person should be familiar with online communication and programming. Ideally he/she will be familiar with Zoom, iMovie, YouTube or Vimeo and social media outlets.
• Pray for and encourage all the children and families of our church.
• Build a volunteer team and train these volunteers in engaging children, ministry policy and safety guidelines.
ACCOUNTABILITY: Works under the guidance of the Children’s Ministry Committee and reports directly to the Senior Pastor as Head of Staff. He/she may work with the Director of the Center for Children (CFC) to provide spiritual leadership for this vibrant, full-time day care program.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS: A mature Christian, who loves children and family ministry, has experience in organizing multiple programs and working with a large team of volunteers. B.A., B.S., or higher degree is preferred. The Director is required to submit to and pass a fingerprint check in accordance with the State of California and Church personnel procedures for employees working with children.
HOURS: This position is a full-time, non-exempt position. While programming is virtual, the scope of work may include tasks not directly related to Children’s Ministries, until in-person programming resumes. Under all scenarios, the scheduling of hours shall be the joint responsibility of the Director, the Senior Pastor, the Moderator of the Children’s Ministry Committee, and the CFC Director, as appropriate.
Planning and implementing the following, and any other new ministries developed by the Director, Children’s Ministry Committee, and the CFC Director, as appropriate:
1. Develop and maintain a Sunday morning education and worship program for children of nursery age through sixth grade. Due to the current situation, this program must be something that families can access online or via email.
2. Oversee the mid-week program for children of nursery age through sixth grade. This involves creating and preparing lessons (leveraging content provided by external resources, as appropriate), and organizing volunteers. Note: This program is currently on hiatus due to COVID-19.
3. Incorporate children’s worship music throughout the year.
4. Develop and implement periodic fellowship events, service projects, or spiritual retreats for children and their families. Due to the current situation, this involves planning creative events that encourage family participation while meeting all social distancing requirements.
5. Facilitate volunteer recruitment and training for Christian Education planning, encouragement, nurture, education, and mutual discipleship.
6. Promote Ministry events and programming through good parent communication, social media, etc.
7. Participate in Children’s Ministry Committee and Church staff meetings.
8. Develop a relationship with the CFC Director, staff and children so that the ministries can have joint events and encourage cross-over participation.
9. Attend periodic meetings with the Pastor.
10. Coordinate care in the nursery and toddler room as required.
11. Plan, implement and oversee Vacation Bible School, camps, conferences, and other summer programs for children.
12. Other duties as needed or assigned.
EVALUATION: A performance and compensation review will be conducted annually by one or more members of the Personnel Committee, the Moderator of the Children’s Ministry Committee, and the Senior Pastor, in accordance with LCPC Personnel policies.
LA CRESCENTA PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Sunnyslope Christian Center
Three Sixteen Publishing
First Presbyterian Church Bakersfield
Rolling Hills Covenant Church
Rolling Hills Covenant Church
Glad Tidings Assembly of God
First Baptist Church
Pathway Bible Church
Central Baptist Church