Minimum Experience: 2-4 years experience ministering to youth and shepherding youth ministry volunteers preferred
Renewal is a growing, three-year-old church plant located in the heart of Silicon Valley and a part of the Acts Ministries International family of churches. We’re looking for a committed Christian leader with a passion for discipling young people with the Gospel. The ideal candidate is an experienced minister who can relate well with youth, parents, and adult volunteers. This role will require a candidate with demonstrated experience equipping youth for ministry.
- Lead the church’s efforts to minister with and to middle and high school-aged youth.
- Develop and execute a strategic plan for the youth ministry, including a long-term vision for how the church engages youth.
- Reach out to unchurched youth in the community, engage them with the gospel, and involve them in the work of the church.
- Recruit, develop, and deploy new volunteers for the church’s youth ministry.
- In consultation with other youth leaders and senior church leadership, develop an annual budget for the youth ministry and operate within the constraints of that budget.
- Develop a Bible teaching calendar for the youth that takes into consideration the full counsel of God’s Word and the spiritual, physical, emotional, and mental needs of the youth in our community.
- Regularly teach the Bible to the youth with conviction, compassion, and care, and in alignment with Renewal’s doctrinal commitments.
- Lead efforts to minister to the parenting needs of the church body.
- Participate in general pastoral duties as needed (counseling, weddings, funerals, etc.).
- Participate in the general spiritual rhythms of the church (prayer meetings, retreats, special services, etc.).
- Be available to preach and teach the Bible in adult worship services when asked.
- Regularly report to the church’s leadership about developments in the youth ministry.
- Oversee seasonal activities the church’s youth participate in, including but not limited to retreats, VBS, mission trips, etc.
- Work with other church leaders to find ministry opportunities for youth in the broader church family.
- Participate in all staff meetings and retreats.
- Responsibilities and duties may be adjusted to align with the growth of the ministry.
- Bachelor’s degree. Master of Divinity or related master’s degree preferred.
- 2-4 years experience ministering to youth and shepherding youth ministry volunteers preferred.
- Understanding of and willingness to serve within the doctrinal commitments of the church.
- A desire to teach and mentor youth in biblical truth.
- Ability to pass a background check and reference checks.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- A growing Christian faith and character.
- The ability to work well within a team and a commitment to treating others with respect, dignity and love.
- A calling to pastoral ministry.