Student Ministries Director
Christ United Methodist Church is a casual, traditional church with a growing congregation who believe that healthy and vibrant Student Ministries is essential to our continuing mission to make disciples. We are excited for the future and eager to support the Student Ministry Director and our Youth and Children’s areas of ministry.
Purpose of the Director of Student Ministries:
To invest in families connected to Christ United Methodist by 1) influencing students to grow in their love of God, 2) partnering with parents, and 3) equipping our volunteers. We envision this position focusing their energy in connecting with students and encouraging them in their journey with Christ. While this will happen differently for the two age ranges, Youth and Children, we will surround the Director with a team that will help them succeed.
The Student Ministry Director will be supported and encouraged by the Staff Parish Relations Committee (SPR). The SPR is ultimately responsible in evaluating the success of this position. On a day to day basis this position will report to and be supervised by the Senior Pastor. The Student Ministry Director will collaborate with our Student Ministry Volunteer Leadership group to refine our vision and strategy.
Essential Responsibilities and Tasks:
· Oversee all programming and ministry for youth and children
· Create environments, activities, and programming for age groups that will facilitate learning and encourage spiritual growth
· Recruit, train, schedule, and prepare resources for our Student Ministry volunteer leaders
· Maintain budget pertaining to Student Ministry programming
· Plan and oversee special events for families with Students
· Meet regularly with Student Ministry Volunteer Leadership Teams and the Pastor to discuss and implement the ministry strategy and effectiveness
· Other duties as assigned
Expectations and Requirements:
· Be a disciple of Jesus
· Support the church’s mission and the ministries of our church
· Have cooperative and healthy relationship with staff and congregation
· Use appropriate judgment in the areas of discretion, sensitivity and confidentiality
· Complete assigned tasks on deadline and within budget
· Continue to grow and develop ministry calling and skills
· Computer skills and technology to utilize MS Word, Excel, and multimedia resources and the ability to learn and utilize other programs that are essential to completing ministry task
· We currently utilize the Orange Strategy and Resources for our Student Ministry programming
· Experience working with Children and Youth
Youth Ministry Responsibilities:
o Connect with Youth (Middle School & High School) - Be present at school events, build relationships via text/phone/mail, be another voice of hope in their lives
o Encourage Parents - We want you to partner with our student’s parents to be a support and encourager to them
o Create Experiences - Craft compelling weekly gatherings and special events that will draw students in and help them take their next steps with Christ
Children’s Ministry Responsibilities
o Connect with Families and Children (4 year olds – Fifth Grade) - Champion and equip our families to win at home and work to have every child who attends our programs be known and encouraged
o Develop Volunteer Leaders – Encourage and equip our volunteers to be successful in their ministry efforts
o Create Experiences - Craft compelling weekly gatherings and special events that will draw children in and help them take their next steps with Christ
Compensation and Benefits:
• Salaried Position: Pay based on experience
• Each Calendar Year: Two weeks (two Sundays & 10 weekdays) off for personal time
Physical Demands & Work Environment
Physical: While performing the duties of this job, employees are regularly required to sit, walk and stand; talk or hear; reach with hands and arms; and lift up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and the ability to adjust focus. Duties are primarily performed indoor in a climate-controlled environment.
Travel is primarily local, although some-out-of-the area and overnight travel may be expected. A Class C (Standard) driver’s license is required.
Mental: While performing the duties of this job, employees are regularly required to use a variety of communication skills; observe and interpret situations; learn and apply new information or repetitive skills; and interact with staff, members of the church, the public, and others encountered in the course of work.
Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of all functions that the employee may be required to perform, and the employee may be required to perform additional functions. Christ United Methodist Church reserves the right to revise the job description at any time. Employment with the church is at-will. The employee must be able to perform the essential functions of the position satisfactorily and, if requested, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable employees with disabilities to perform the essential functions of their job, absent undue hardship.
I have read this job description (or had it read to me), and I fully understand all my job duties and responsibilities. I am able to perform the duties and responsibilities as outlined, with or without reasonable accommodation. I understand that my job duties and responsibilities may change with or without notice on a temporary or regular basis according to the request of my supervisor and if so, I will be required to perform such additional duties and responsibilities. If I have any questions about job duties not specified on this description that I am asked to perform, I should discuss them with my supervisor or a member of the Staff Parish Relations Committee.
Linked UP Church
Samaritan's Purse - Operation Christmas Child
Connection Church Savannah
New Season Church
First Baptist Adel
First Baptist Church Pine Castle
Living Hope Community Church
Harvest Community Church
Mid Atlantic Community Church