The Direction of Children’s Ministries (DCM) is a full time position. The DCM will be responsible for the Children’s Ministry Department; working together with the Ministry Leadership Team, Elders, and Children’s Ministry Team to define and carry out the vision and direction for Children’s Ministries; hiring, supervising, supporting and evaluating Children’s Ministry staff; working together with Assistant Directors to select and purchase appropriate curriculum; collaborating with the Children’s Ministry Team on church- wide ministries involving children; facilitating the Children’s Ministry vision in a godly, professional, organized and flexible manner.
The DCM must be a healthy, maturing Christian whose testimony matches the character and skill qualifications as listed in 1 Timothy 3 and Titus 1. Educational requirements: a minimum of a Bachelor's degree, preferably in a related field. The DCM must have sufficient experience, gifts, and skills to lead staff, volunteers, and children. The DCM must possess proven success in ministry to teach/train others, grow the program numerically as well as spiritually, and multiply disciples. The DCM must possess a genuine passion and specific call to Children’s Ministry.
1. Define and carry out the vision and direction for Children’s Ministries
2. Hire, recruit, orient, train and support staff, leaders, teachers, helpers and substitutes as needed
3. Supervise and evaluate staff
4. Work with Assistant Director(s) to select and implement appropriate curriculum
5. Collaborate with the Children’s Ministry Team on church-wide ministries that involve children
6. Help maintain safe and attractive facilities
7. Work within the vision of El Camino to reach out to our community
8. Serve on the Ministry Leadership Team (MLT)
9. Complete any additional responsibilities as directed by the Elder Board or supervisors.
LENGTH OF SERVICE;
The DCM will serve an unspecified term with termination according to the Bylaws.
If any questions, problems, or conflicts arise within the Children’s Ministry regarding personnel, job descriptions, or any other issue, the Executive Pastor will be the primary person to resolve the issue(s). If satisfactory resolution does not occur, then the Senior Pastor will be consulted. If that fails to resolve the issue, the Elder Board will serve as the final source of appeal/consultation.
EVALUATION AND REVIEW:
Report and Accountability: Reports to the Senior Pastor and Executive Pastor. The DCM will be held accountable for those duties assigned by the Job Description, Executive Pastor, Senior Pastor, and the Board of Elders. Evaluations will be in accordance with the Bylaws and policies used by El Camino Baptist Church.
Authentic Life Church
Laveen Baptist Church
Mountain Park Church
Palm West Community Church
Palm West Community Church
New Life Community Church
The District Church
Westminster Presbyterian Church
Chapel Hill Baptist Church