WHO WE ARE
One of our most distinctive characteristics at Eastside is our emphasis on multicultural unity in Christ. We seek to build a fellowship of believers that mirrors the world around us, to develop the bond between men and women from different races, countries, classes, and religions; that vary in their gifts and talents; but stand united in their faith.
OUR VISION STATEMENT
Eastside Community Church:
• Champions the Biblical principle of the equality of all people.
• Promotes powerful practical ministries that address people’s needs.
• Commits itself to promote the process of increasing maturity and spiritual growth in the life of its members.
OUR MISSION STATEMENT
Eastside’s mission to dynamically proclaim the Gospel of Jesus Christ to the East Side of Metro Detroit and beyond, using any Biblical means, particularly emphasizing the Gospel’s unifying power for all cultures, ethnicities and people groups (Acts 1:8). This mission is best summarized in the phrase: To know Him and Make Him Known
EASTSIDE PASTORAL EXPECTATIONS - include but are not limited to the following:
• The Senior Pastor is to provide spiritual and pastoral leadership to the membership of Eastside Community Church
• The Senior Pastor will share in mission and vision of Eastside Community Church.
• The Senior Pastor is to put God first in all he does.
• The Senior Pastor will serve as the chief administrator of the congregation so that it will fulfill its mission and purpose as the body of Christ.
• The senior pastor should share, through leadership and example, the pastoral responsibilities of the church. He shall lead the church as a “playing coach” acting as a facilitator, a trainer and encourager of the gifts within the congregation.
• The Senior Pastor will serve as the church’s primary Preacher/Teacher with messages based on the Holy Bible.
• The Senior Pastor will meet the traits as outlined in 1 Timothy 2-3 and Titus 1:6-9.
Affiliations: Southern Baptist Convention Greater Detroit Baptist Association Baptist State Convention of Michigan
Church Size: 30-45
Compensation: To be discussed
Worship Style: Contemporary
Applicants should submit application packet which includes:
• 3 Personal References
• 3 Church References (if available at this time)
• A narrative describing your theology, testimony and beliefs
• A recording of 2-3 sermons (CD, DVD or online link)
By Mail: Pastoral Search Committee c/o Eastside Community Church, 22312 Kelly Rd, Eastpointe, MI 48021
By email (preferred delivery method): [email protected]
For more details regarding this position please visit us here: http://eastsidecommunitychurch.com/ministry-opening
Thank you for prayerfully considering this ministry opportunity.
Grace Ann Arbor West
Lead Pastor | Covenant Church of Cheboygan
Associate Pastor of Youth and Connection | Trinity Church
Children's Pastor/Director | The River Church
Fellowship Evangelical Presbyterian church
Journey Evangelical Church
First Baptist Church
Mountain Park Church