Position Summary: Responsible for managing the general ledger accounting and accounts payable functions. Assist with the development of the overall strategic planning, performance goal setting, and objectives for the Accounting Department. Establish a high level of credibility and manage strong working relationships with external parties including customers and advisors.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide strategic vision, manage, and advise staff assigned to the contributions, general ledger accounting, accounts payable, and purchasing functional areas.
- Oversight and accountability for all aspects of Team, including technical development, professional development, coaching/mentoring
- Effectively delegate and foster an environment conducive to learning and cross-training
- Maintain oversight of volunteers and cash receipt functions of this team.
- Ensure necessary entries are captured in the General Ledger based on reporting provided by Human Resources
- Monitors weekly cash flow and submits monthly cash flow and bank balances report to Executive Director.
- Monitors revenue and expenses on a weekly basis and makes recommendations to Executive as needed.
- Assist with the assessment of debt financing needs for major projects and/or equipment purchases.
- Assist with the annual budget process as needed.
- Assist with the development of the company’s financial strategy across all areas, challenge assumptions and decision-making when appropriate, and provide financial analysis and guidance.
- Lead the external audit process; including ensuring staff in various functional areas prepare the necessary analysis and reconciliations for the external audit.
- Reviews and approves journal entries prepared by staff.
- Assist in the development of written policies and procedure manuals that are consistent with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Ensures the integrity of the overall general ledger preparation.
- Assist in the establishment and execution of best accounting practices to comply with excellent internal controls.
- Ensures the accuracy and timeliness of the monthly and annual financial package distribution to management.
- Coordinate the preparation and distribution of specific financial & statistical period end, budget and board reports.
- Initiate change management and other process improvements to maximize productivity and efficiency within the division.
- Maintain the company’s banking relationships with various banking institutions,
- Oversee the company’s credit cards systems, including selecting appropriate vendors for credit or purchasing cards.
Skills, Knowledge, Abilities:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or equivalent
- CPA Preferred
- Financial Management Experience including:
- Experience in Accounting
- Experience in Budgeting
- Excellent English Communication skills, both verbal and written
- 5+ years in Management Experience
- Ability to handle high levels of pressure and critical decision-making
- High Integrity and openness combined with commitment to good governance.
*If interested in applying, please apply at www.faithchapel.net/careers